Five

When I heard the tri-tone ring coming from my phone, I was curious to see that someone had actually texted me.

"Hey kells! It's Vic! ☺️ just wanted to say that I had a good time! Let's hang out more? 😅"

Reading the text made me smile and I was probably blushing too. I wasn't sure if I liked him yet but I could tell that there was something in between us. Even if it was small. It's weird hearing myself think so confidently when I know on the outside I barely say a word to anyone.

"Of course! Thanks for everything. (:
-Kellin"

I wasn't sure of how school was gonna go the next day but I didn't have a good feeling.
°
"Why'd you run away? Huh? Are you a baby? Huh? Huh?"

I remained silent, for I couldn't speak. His grip was too tight.

"Not gonna speak, huh? Okay. That's fine. I guess I'll just have to do this then." Gerard said right before he slammed my head into the locker.

I whimpered louder than what I wanted to. Nobody was around to help me and even if they were, they wouldn't help.

"What a little bitch you are. Can't even stick up for yourself." He laughed then threw me to the floor and walked away as usual.
I scrambled to get up and when I was running away with tears in my eyes I ran into someone who looked the same way.

"Oh...I'm sorry." The boy said in an British accent.

He had short to medium length hair and it was light brown.

"I-it's okay. W-why are you crying?" I asked.

"It's a long story." He stood up. "I'm Oliver. You can call me Oli." He said weakly.

He put out his hand for me to shake it.

"I-I'm Kellin." I shook his hand and it was hard to still hold back the tears.

"Feel better okay? Maybe I'll see you around." He continues to look down as he walked away.

"Bye...?" I responded.

I was sorta speechless. That was another person who seemed to care. First Vic. Now Oli? What am I even saying? I barely know either of these guys. They're probably just being nice because they feel bad.

°
I decided I'd ditch school that day. It wasn't a good day to try to fake happiness.

*text*
"Hey I didn't see you at school. Everything okay?
-Vic 😊"

Poor Vic. I probably should have told him what happened. I didn't want to though. I know he'd feel guilty for not being able to be there even though it wasn't his fault.

"Long story. I'll tell you tomorrow.
-K"

I waited for a response but I didn't get one. I wondered if I came off as rude. Ugh.

I disappeared from my thoughts by plugging in my earbuds and listening to some soothing tunes.

"KELLIN! SOMEONE IS AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!!!!!!" My mom yelled.

I slowly got up. I didn't even have pants on and I didn't plan on putting a pair on anytime soon. I walked downstairs in my boxers and a band tee. I opened the door to see someone totally unexpected.

"Ger-" I was interrupted by a tight pull at my shirt. My lungs seemed to be getting tighter and tighter. I tried to take a deep breath but it did nothing for me.

My mom was completely oblivious to the situation.

"Listen here, fag." I cringed at the word. "If you tell anyone. And I mean ANYONE about what I've done to you, I can promise it'll be a thousand times worse afterwards." The red headed boy let go and pushed me inside.

"Don't slam the door, Kellin." My mom told me.

Wow.
°
I heard my alarm clock go off but I didn't budge.

RING RING RING

After the fourth set of rings, I decided to wake up. I had two texts on my phone today. Hm.

1) "Hey it's Oliver from the locker room. I got your # from someone else. We should hang out at lunch today. C:
-Oli"

2) "Good morning, Kellin. Hope to see you at school 2day.
-V."

Number one as way out of the blue and number two made me feel sad. I felt like Vic was mad at me. I answered a sure to Oli and I tried my best to give a warm good morning text to Vic.

I took a shower and my hair was dripping everywhere. In the meantime, I erased myself in a usual pair of black skinny jeans and my black hoodie to match. After my hair dried, I did something that I didn't expect myself to do.

Next thing I knew, I was knocking on Vic's door. When he opened it, I didn't really know what to say.

"Hey wanna walk to school together?" I asked nervously.

He simply nodded and that's when I knew something wasn't right.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just..." He shook his head as if it meant never mind.

"Okay..." I looked down and continued walking.
°
The period before lunch was always the worst. Time was only good and bad. Bad because I couldn't wait to get a breather and stop learning but it's not like I was incredibly eager to eat. It was good because it reduces the chances of me seeing Gerard.

When the bell rang, the first person I saw was Oliver.

He ran up to me. "Hey!" He said.

"Hi." I responded a lot less enthusiastically.

He gave me an awkward look and continued walking next to me.

So far, I hadn't run into Gerard yet but my day was still going bad. Vic was upset and I didn't know why. Even if we didn't have I thing with each other, I still cared a lot. He was my only good friend.

I sat down in the corner that I usually sit at by myself but today I had a companion.

As lunch went by, I talked to Oli about various things. He was a really cool guy and he was actually kinda cute. We got along well. The entire thirty minutes of lunch, I was continuously receiving texts from Vic but I decided to ignore them just like he decided to ignore me this morning.

What I thought was gonna be a horrible day actually ended up okay. I guess I'm hanging out with my new friend in Friday instead of Vic.
°

WOAAAAH SO KELLIC IS FIGHTING ALREADY????? Oli obviously isn't helping the situation either XD anyway I chose to publish this chapter early bc I was too excited! It's kinda short but a lot of events happen so it's all good right? :D lets get this one to 5 comments 7 votes? Last chapter didn't make it to 5 comments so maybe this one will? Comment grandma if you actually read this 😂. Love you, children!! 💘💘💘💘💘💘