Eight

°

Oli walked up to me with a warm smile on his face. We had been friends for about a month and he still doesn't get the clue that I like Vic.

Speaking of which, we aren't dating yet but we're getting really close and we've been hanging out a lot more.

"Hey Kellin!" Oli said.

"Hey Oliver." I replied.

He smiled in a cute way while looking down.

"So...um..." He was swinging his arms and he still didn't look up. "I wanted to ask you a question..."

I had a feeling I knew what was coming. I really didn't want to hurt Oli. He was a good friend, but we couldn't date. That would hurt Vic and I can't do that either.

"Okay. Well then ask it." I said.

"I wanted to know um...if you um...wanted to do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" He slowly looked up with hopeful eyes.

I felt horrible doing this. "Oli, I can't do that. I'm really sorry."

"Oh thank G- wait did you say no?" He looked incredibly upset.

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry, Oliver. You're a great guy but I just can't go out with you." I responded.

"Why though? We work so well together and...and...Kellin!!!" He was crying now and I felt absolutely horrible.

I pulled him into a hug because I know he needed it.

"You deserve better, anyway." I said quietly.

"B-but you're the best."

°
Vic grabbed my hand as we ran through the large field. He let go and pushed me.

"Hey!" I whined and pushed him back.

Surprisingly, nobody came to this lovely field. It was pretty hidden so I guess that makes sense. Vic brought me here today because he said I should get my mind off things.

"Stop whining." He said and smirked.

He pulled me by the collar of my shirt and brought me down to the ground with him.

"Guess what." He said. We were about half an inch apart.

"What?" I asked, blushing redder than a strawberry.

"I love you." He said softly.

It was shocking to me. Nobody had ever said that before. I'm knew he liked me and all but love, that's another level.

"I love you too, Vic."

And with that, he crashed his lips into mine. He put his hand behind my head and pulled me in closer. When I moaned, he slipped his tongue right in.

Our legs were intertwined within each other. I hadn't felt this happy in a long time. I'm so glad I met this boy. He's changed my view on the entire world.

He slowly pulled away and asked me the question I've been waiting to hear for over a month.

"Kells, will you please make my puzzle complete and date me?"

"Of course." I replied with a smile on my face.

He grabbed both of my hands and laced his fingers in between mine. I scooted in and laid my head on his shoulder. For the first time in forever, I actually slept well and it was ironically in the middle of a flower field.
°
*ring ring ring*
I woke up to see I had missed 7 calls from my mom. I looked at the time.

1:37 AM

"Shit, Vic. Wake up." I shook him and awakened.

"What's wrong?" He asked, obviously still half asleep.

"It's 1:40 in the morning and my mom called 7 times. We need to go." I replied.

"Holy fuck. Let's go."

We slowly got up and I called my mom back.

"KELLIN, SIR. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" My mom screamed. "YOU BETTER NOT HAVE GOTTEN A GIRL PREGNANT, KELLIN. I SWEAR I WILL END YOU."

"Sorry, mom. I forgot to tell you I spent the night at a friend's
house." I lied.

"A FRIENDS HOUSE? WHAT FRIEND?" She yelled.

I couldn't say Vic because she knows he lives next door.

"Vi-Oliver. Oliver. I'm at Oli's house." I said.

"Mhm. Well you need to get home in ten minutes at the most." I know she could tell that I'm lying.

"Okay, mom." I said and then I hung up.

I turned to Vic.

"She's pissed. Let's go." I said.

"Okay." He replied.

We both got up and ran to the car.

When we got to our neighborhood, I got out of the car. I didn't want to say goodbye.

"Bye, Vic. I probably won't see you again since my mom is about to kill me." I giggled.

"Well if not, then I love you." He smiled and blew a kiss in my direction.

°
I slowly opened the door.
"H-hey mom..." I said nervously and attempted to go upstairs.

"You better sit your ass down. You're going nowhere." She said sternly.

I sat down and she gave me the look.

"Kellin, lets be honest. You're not like everyone else. You're socially awkward and you don't go to people's houses often so I know you're lying. Where were you actually? Have you been cutting again?" Her look turned from strict to concerned.

This was my chance. I actually had been cutting lately, just not today. I was fairly happy today. I looked down and I thought about when my dad left me. My eyes started to water.

Fuck. Now I was actually sad.

"Mom. He left us. He left me. He...he said he hated me, mom. Why would he do that? He fucking made me this way." I said.

She pulled me into a tight hug. "Darling, you'll be okay. It's was nothing you did. You didn't make a mistake, okay? His bottle was his mistress. We have to learn not to miss him." She said.

She really has a way with words because I suddenly felt better.

"Don't do this again, okay? I can't have you hiding from me like this anymore. You need to tell me these things. Maybe find a girlfriend. That might help." She smiled. "Now go up to bed. You look tired and you need some rest."

I then went up to my room, texted Vic, and quickly fell asleep.

°

REALLY SHORT CHAPTER. I think all my chapters are gonna be short now. It's just easier that way.

° still needs a name! Comment a name here. >>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Say Apple Snapple if you read this all. 7 comments 6 votes. PLEASEEEE GET ME TO MY GOAL THIS TIME. OR AT LEAST 30 READS FOR THIS CHAPTER. 💓💓💓💓