Fourteen

VIC'S POV

"KELLIN, NO!" I yelled.

He fell deep into the water and there was nothing I could do about it. I regretted everything. I did this. I did it.

I dropped to my knees and balled. I can't believe he's gone. Just like that and I let him jump. This was all my fault.

There wasn't a sound coming from below and I never saw him come back up. I ran down the ramp that leads to the cliffs and jumped in once I reached the water. I swam deep down but I couldn't find him.

It was hard to see, but it was obvious that there wasn't a black haired boy living under this water.

I came up for air just to back under but I struggled while doing it.

"Hey!" Someone yelled. "What are you doing?! Cliffs are closed!" The person motioned for me to swim back so I did.

I walked out and ran over to the person.

"He's gone! He's g-" k couldn't finish my sentence when I collapsed into their arms.

"Who's gone? What do you mean?" The person asked, worriedly. It was a lifeguard. I read the name tag and it said TONY in big bold letters.

"My b-boyfriend. He j-jumped and I c-couldn't stop him. He's gone. He's not here anymore." I tried to stay calm but it wasn't working.

Tony hugged me tightly then pulled out his phone to call 911. I hadn't thought about that yet.
°

When the police got here, one of the cars drove me back to my hotel and the rest figured out what was going on.

Tony told them everything and they had him and a couple of others go search for Kellin's body. By the time I had left, the scene was huge. News reporters, newspaper writers, and cops were all over the place. I'm glad Ieft, because it was way too overwhelming.

°

"Mom... Kellin's gone." I said on the phone.

"Oh I'm sure he'll come to his senses. He'll eventually agree on getting back together." She said.

Just the thought made me explode with tears.

"No I mean, he j-jumped." I told her.

There was a break of silence.

"Vic... Son, I'm so sorry." She replied.

I just cried on the phone, not knowing what to say.

"I can't believe I let this happen." I said.

°
{ONE WEEK LATER}

"Now please, if we could have a moment of silence for Kellin Quinn Bostwick." The preacher said.

I pulled another tissue out of my forth box and I wiped my tears away. Oli was crying too. Basically everyone was. Neither of Kellin's parents showed up, for they were still upset about him being gay. It's ridiculous that someone can't even show up to their son's memorial because of his sexuality.

"Thank you. Any last words?" The preacher asked everyone.

"I have something I'd like to say." I said.

The preacher simply nodded in confirmation for me to go up there.

"Kellin. Um... where do I start with you? Let me just tell you. This kid was amazing. He was quiet but the love in his heart was loud. He would never hurt a fly. He never expected much and he was simply perfect. Small, pale, with dark hair and beautiful blue eyes. Looks said so much but their was still so much more to him. His smile. The way he laughed when he was shy. Which was actually quite often. I don't know. He just..." I paused and gulped. "He didn't deserve this at all. He didn't deserve not being accepted by his family and society. He didn't deserve feeling sad everyday. He shouldn't have had to put on a fake smile. You could see in those big eyes that he was hurt. But only would he show you that side of him for a second. He wanted to be strong. He really did. But it's not always easy when you're not always loved. And I regret not being there. That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt. But no one helped Kellin push the feelings away. I wish I could've. I wish I wasn't too late. But what I really wish I could've done is said that I loved him. Because I did. I might've have told myself I didn't, but hell, we all see right through the lies. I regret it all now. And, Kellin..." I looked up in his representation.
"I love you." I said.

R.I.P KELLIN QUINN BOSTWICK
°

THE END
Thanks for reading! I enjoyed writing this story and I hope you guys liked it. I might write another kellic soon but idk yet. Love you 💘

HEY GUYS IM BACK FOR A SEC AND IM SO HAPPY THAT I GOT 1.3k READS THANK YOU SO MUCH! Comment if you want me to write another kellic! I love you guys so much!!!