Being Habitual to His Presence

Sai came back to her newly new house to find lots of small plants around her house

Sai came back to her newly new house to find lots of small plants around her house. She felt as if her Gadchiroli house had moved in here. She touched the leaves of the small plant of marigolds. She remembered the plant she planted with her Aaba in their Verandah. It took a moment for her lips to curve and form a little smile on her face. They too have forgotten to smile in these months.
Little did she knew about the efforts of the man, running on the treadmill on the ground floor had taken for her in name of responsibility.

She saw similar pot of Tulsi in front of her door. She touched the plant as if touching the memories of the moments spent with her Aaba. She placed her thump to unlock the door and switched on the lights. Whenever she returns back home tired or sad this house fills her with positivity and makes her mind feel the peace. She often sits on the window seat with her books and tea. It had became the favourite corner of her house.

Next evening, while returning from her college Sai again found Virat on the Staircase. He didn't said anything to her other than giving her a small smile. She looked at him from the corner of her eyes went up to her home.

Virat again bumped into Sunny's home.

"Aaiye, What would you like to have today, Sir?" Sunny sarcastically said

"Chup kar!!" He flied him away.

"I am leaving" He took his bag and left.

It had became a routine. He daily comes to his home in the name of gym or with some unique excuses. Sunny was well aware of his only 'excuse', his so called responsibility Miss Sai Joshi. He choose to stay quiet as his friend was somewhat relieved after so many months.

A month passed with their just smile  conversation accompanied with unintentionally intentional eye locks.

Like any other day Sai was returning from her college she reached to the seven floor she felt as if something was missing. The staircase was much more silent today. She looked around that everyday smile was missing. She reached to the eighth floor in an unconscious hope of bumping into that smile. But the silence prevailed. She came back home. She wondered what was missing in her day. This continued for a week. Unconsciously her eyes were searching for that smile in the staircase. She intentionally walked to the gym just to find some men self obsessively looking at their biceps, triceps in the mirror.

Then came the Sunday morning Sai was coming back with her hands loaded with bags full of books and grocery. She looked up to the stairs. It wasn't a wise decision to take stairs she walked to the elevator. She looked at her occupied hands. She tried to press the button with her elbow but her first try failed. She bent a little for another try while balancing her bags.

"You are trying in vague. That lift is out of order" A voice came from behind. She turned back to find the same man standing their with his same smile.

"Hi" He showed his teeth

"Oh, Sorry I have to behave like a stranger. But I don't know how to do that. Can you give me some tutorials" He mocked

She realised she was looking at him after a week. Logically she should be angry but at that moment she only felt  relief. Her brain warned her to walk ahead immediately.

"It would be better if you don't talk to me that would be enough" She replied

"When did I talked? I was just informing you that lift is out of order. That doesn't count in talking." He excused

She walked to the stairs, slight smile appeared on her face, yet again unconsciously but the reason was yet again unknowingly the same man.

She made up her mind to walk to the tenth floor with her 10kg bags. Virat looked at her staring at her bags. He guessed her mind's thoughts in a second.

"You can ask for stranger's help" He said by emphasising on stranger.

"No, thanks" she objected

"Don't ask. This stranger is kind enough to do it on his own" He said while taking a bag that looked supposedly heavy from her hand.

They walked in silence to her floor.

"Tum to pura Gadchiroli yaha le aayi?(You have bought the whole Gadchiroli here?)" He said while looking at the plants he himself set up for her to assure whether she liked it or not.

"Don't you dare to say anything about my plants" she said

"Ohhkay" he nodded with proud smile on his face.

"Do you live on Terrace??" He acted to unfamiliarly look around

"There" she pointed while giving an angry look to him. He smiled and followed her in.

"You can leave the bags here and Thank you" She formally said

"Ohh, I carried such a heavy weight for you. You can atleast ask a glass of water to me" He innocently said

"Please come" she uninterestingly said by letting the door open for him

"Thank you for your kindness" he satirically said 

"You can leave the bag"  she said and went to the kitchen. Leaving Virat on the sofa. He was looking at her preparing tea for him. She turned back to the bag she had recently brought to find a packet of biscuit. She struggled to open the packet. She frustratingly pulled the packet making her patented angry pout. Virat bent her head to get a clear view of her face. It did bought smile on her face . He found her too cute at the moment but at the next very second he noticed  how her father's dearest child was managing everything alone. His heart irked remembering Kamal Sir's face.  

"Tea" she came back with a cup of tea breaking his chain of thoughts.

Sai looked at his moistened eyes. She saw the same pain in his eyes that she noticed that day. 

"Thank you" He took a deep breath to stop the tears from falling down from his eyes and fake smiled

"Virat sir" She softly said. He hummed

"Why do you come here?" she said

"I told you no?! For gyming. By the way nice house." he tried to divert her mind

"Yes it is" she replied while directly looking into his eyes.

"I will leave now. Thanks for the tea" he thought of immediately escaping from her interrogating eyes.

"Virat Sir, ek minute" she stopped

----------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆-------------------

Thanks for Reading🙏

Do vote and Comment🙌

Next- A little sweet talks