Stepping upto the first stage Part 1

It was calm Sunday evening

It was calm Sunday evening. Everything and everyone was lost in their own lives. So does Virat and Sai, unaware of life's special plans for them. Somethings were surely going to change between them.

Sai was studying at her reception desk of the hospital. It was the day like most other days. She was ready to get home, make dinner and get settled for the night.

Clock striked 6 it was the time for her to head back home. She walked to the bus stop. The sun began to set through the cracks in the clouds and darkness was creeping in. The day consisted of a few sprinkles here and there which was just enough to moisten the roads. She got down from the bus and walked to her home which was a kilometre away from the bus stop.

In the middle of the road, she saw  some kids surrounding something. She weren’t quite sure what was happening as the first thought that came to her mind was that it was probably a quarrel between two men. However, when she reached the spot, she found out an accident had taken place. By the whispering among the crowd she got to know the whole story. A car was crossing the road when a truck hit it leaving the driver severely injured. All the airbags deployed, it's windshield was smashed in, the driver's window was broken and the doors were jammed. She looked at the old man's hand that was profusely bleeding. She called for an ambulance but time was running out. She asked kids to step aside then went on to open the door by pulling it to her.

Moments later she heard a gentleman on the other side her telling the man that everything was going to be okay and he needed to stay calm and not move his head. She looked at him. It was Virat, her scared heart felt a bit peace. His full focus was on saving that man's life.

"We need to break the glass" He gestured her to step back. He pulled the rods from his hands. He wasn't bothered about the cuts he was getting in the process. After a few minutes struggle the gate finally opened. In the midst of taking out the old man safely out of the car. Sharp object pierced into Virat's head. Blood oozed out with unbearable pain. He immediately took out his handkerchief to put that on her forehead while helping the old man to the Ambulance.

"You need to get it dressed. It's bleeding" Nurse said to him.

"I will get an auto and get it dressed. You guys leave fast" He instructed

After few minutes everyone went back to their respective place. 

"Are you okay?" Sai went to him

"Yes" he assured but the pain was exploding his head.

"I have booked a cab for you. It will be here in five minutes" she said.

"Thanks. You should head back home. It's late. I will manage" he said with a smile but she could clearly see the pain behind that smile.

"I will accompany you to the hospital" she replied

She could see his white handkerchief slowly turning into blood red. There were blood lines running down his cheeks.

"Hold it tightly to stop the bleeding" she instructed and went on to take out handkerchief from her bag "Let me do it. Remove your hand" she notices deep cut on his forehead as he removed his hand. She softly pressed her wound.

"Let's sit over there" she took him to sit on the diversion of the road. "Look up to the sky" she raised his face by his chin.

She was staring at him. Her heart was somewhere feeling his pain. While her soothing eyes and soft hands was working like a medicine for him.

"Are you fine? Is it hurting too much?" It was probably her ninth time asking and him patiently replying "Yes I am" with a smile. She kept asking till the cab arrived.

Her eyes were stuck on his injured face while they walked to the hospital. They were few feet away from the gate Virat felt his vision was getting blurred. His legs felt heavy to move ahead. Before he could understand he fell down on the floor. He heard voices talking to him. Sai walking beside him rushed to him. Before she could hold him he was on the floor. Sudden jerk once again caused bleeding.

"Virat Sir" she screamed.

-------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆-----------------

Thank you for Reading 🙏

Do vote and Comment🙌