A Little Sweet Talks

"Yes" Virat anxiously nodded

"Why aren't you buzzing your responsibility rant now a days?" she asked

"Didn't you threatened me to stop. So I did" he defended

"I threatened?? I said and you agreed at once" she offensively said

"Ha you have such frightful aura around you. Even sun. . . . ."he stumbled "Sundarban's tiger. . (he covered up at the right moment) get afraid from this Gadchiroli's teekhi mulgi" he laughed.

"Zyada bateesi mat dikhaiye (Don't show your teeth now" she warned

"See" he pointed at her "Anyone can get afraid from these big red eyes"

"Gabbar!!!" she said by grinding her teeth. Virat saw a small glimpse of old Sai in that moment. It was first ever nick name given to him by her. Earlier he used to get irritated but now by the same name he felt a bump of happiness within him.

"Anyway! Should I leave?" he asked

"Why you have joined this Apartment's gym?"

"Why can't I? You have rented only this house not the whole apartment. Anyone can come here" He said by adding strictness in his voice.

"Why can't you give direct answers"

"Learning from you!" he smiled and rushed out

She looked at his cup on the table. She realised that she had her first guest in her house. It was such a small thing but it was too heart warming for her. It was the first time she had prepared tea for someone other than herself. Last time it was for Aaba while he was leaving for his last duty. She didn't want to accept but she liked not a bit but a lot. 

That Green tea tasted different to Virat probably it was the tastiest he had ever drank. May be it worked as a magical potion on him. Dopamine in her head recorded a sudden increase and he felt happy both from head and heart.

Next day they met, yet again, on the same floor, Sai climbing up while Virat coming down to his gym on the fifth floor. He was intentionally wasting time just to cross path with her. He slowed down his steps. He had the same smile on his face.

"Hi" He smiled "Kya? Now I have drink tea at your house specially prepared by you. You can't call me a stranger now" He said by looking at her confused face

"What? When someone say hi you should reply"

"Hello" she faked smiled and stepped up

"Good! See you" He said from the back

Sunny looked at their few words conversations from a distance. He saw glimpse of naughty teen Virat, who used to be more cheerful than a bird.

Sai silently walked to her home while Virat to his excuse exercise. He reached home late as usual.

"Virat" Kaku stopped him while he was escaping from everyone's eyes to his room.

"Ji Kaku" he replied

"Where have you been these days? You don't have sit with everyone? Kuch baat hai kya beta" she asked

"Nahi Kaku. Workload" he tried to keep the conversation short

"I have been watching you since you have came back from that jungle.
. . Gad. . Gadchiroli. Are you still upset about that incident. I told you no it's wasn't your fault."

"There is nothing as such Kaku. It was a tiring day. I will go and sleep. You should sleep too" He escaped

Kaku always had motherly love for Virat. Though she loved her years old conservative rules and regulations and the names of her family more than anything in this world. But her love and care for Virat was genuine.
She knew something was changed in his son. She headed back to her room with helplessness in her heart.

Virat came back to his room. After a long soothing shower he was arranging his gym bags and uniform for the other day when his mother knocked in with a plate of food. She looked at the unconscious smile on his face while looking at his gym bag.

"Kya baat hai Godu bahut smile kar rahe ho(What's the matter Son? You are smiling a lot." she amazed

"Aai, Please come" he welcomed her in

"I bought food for you" she placed the plate on the table. Though he had eaten stomach full at Sunny's place but who can deny to a Mother who had especially cooked favourite dishes only for her son.

"You aren't getting a single day off these days. You don't stay at home much. Sab theek hai na beta" she said 

"Ji Aai sab theek hai. Don't worry" he replied

"What happened to Kamal Sir's daughter. Did you meet her?" she asked after a minute

"I did. She is fine" he said by fastly chewing his food

"How is she? Is she still angry with you?" she asked

"Not that much I think" He remembered his recent instances with her. Smile automatically planted on his face. It assured his mother that her son was slowly relieving from the pain in his hurt. Somewhere she knew that the reason for both tears and smile was the same girl but she wanted to ask further. But she decided to give him some time to open up to her.

"Aai, I have bought a house for her in Sunny's apartment and smartly handed over to her at a minimum rent. I wanted to tell you from so many days but. . . " He held her hand and confessed the whole matter to her   

"You have done the right thing but with wrong means. But I trust you. You might have thought a lot. But bada sooner or later she will come to know. So If you get a chance please tell her explain her everything" she caressed her head and left

For a month the two unfamiliarly connected souls; Sai and Virat maintained just hello-hi bye bye conversations. But stars were already matched somewhere up in the sky at the day they first met. May be someone up in the sky too felt leaving to them was of no use. At this pace there story will end at these short hellos and byes. Destiny stepped in again create destined coincidences for them.

A night that was waiting for them to step up to the first stage of any relationship. . . .

-------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆-------------

Thanks for Reading 🙏

Do vote and comment 🙌

What do you think? What can this first step be?

Next- Stepping up to the first stage