Inferno Heart

Have a good read 😊

------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------------

Sai was dealing two feelings at the same time. She was happy to be with Virat but at the same at her heart used to feel uneasy. She smiled with him but it was not from her heart. She felt as if she was walking blindly on a path that has no destination. 

She kept confessing her love directly and indirectly, consciously and unconsciously. Everytime it was ignored with a laughter or a joke.

Yet another month passed . . .

It was night time, Virat was driving Sai home after a good dinner. Car stopped at her apartment.

"See you then!" Virat happily said

"This is our last meeting!" Sai suddenly said. Virat was completely blown away by her unexpected words.

"This is really unfair. My love for you is increasing with each moment I spend with you and you are still in a friendship zone. I can understand that but we are not on the same platform and it's unfair for both of us. I meet you with different feelings in my heart. I don't want to remain your friend. It's getting difficult for me so it will be better for both of us to take a break. Now we will meet only when you feel the same for me or else, I too want only friendship between us" she calmly confessed. Virat could guess from the seriousness on her face that he would not be able to pull her to his friendship zone this time.

"I will leave now. Don't let others words affect you. Keep your calm. Don't roam around the lake in the night!" she smilingly said

Virat was feeling heavy at heart. He could not understand why she was ruining such a beautiful connection that was built after so many hardships. And she wanted to end it all in a fraction of seconds. She went on to give a short hug to Virat. She came out of his car and walked to her apartment while Virat kept watching her till she was out of his sight.

Good times passes in a pinch of a second while time almost stops in the bad times. Sometimes somethings just disappear from your life without any prior notice and then only you realise what you have lost. Same happened with Virat when Sai suddenly left from his life. Life became a kingdom of loneliness where he was the king, the queen, also the subjects.

Every day whenever he sat in his car to leave for his police station the empty seat reminds him of someone's cute cribbing and sweets taunts. Police station's parking reminds of his first argument with Sai when she came to return his money.
He spent hours sitting blankly in his balcony remembering the day she came to his house.
It became difficult for him to roam around the city in his free time.
The huge advertisement billboards of Ice creams all over the city reminds him of their ice cream dates.
Scooters on the traffic lights,
the street vendors on the roadside, random restaurants,
little bamboo in his room,
morning cup of tea,
stairs of any building . . .She was all around him yet she was not with him.

It was night time he was driving back home unknowingly he reached to Ambazari lake. He parked his car and walked on the side of the lake.

"Sir, ice cream loge?" A man with his small cart of ice cream stopped beside him

"Two Belgian chocolate" he instinctively replied

With two ice cream cones in his hands, he walked ahead the same time a message popped on his phone. He passed both the cones to his left to check the message 'An amount of  Rs.10,000 has been deposited in your account from SBI A/c no. xxxxxxxx2798'. He could recognise account holder with just four digits.

Ice cream melted down his palm. Someone's text box appeared on the top of his recent tab. 'Even if you take two ice cream both of them melt at the same time' he texted

'Why are you messaging me Virat sir? Why are you doing this to me? We decided not to contact each other. Didn't we? Please don't message me' Reply came instantly from the other side.

Ice fell down in his hands. He kept walking to the darkness of the night. Suddenly, a few inches away from him, a car bumped into a pole. He rushed to the help the driver. "Are you okay?" he asked

"I am fine!!!" The driver assured "I was feeling sleepy. Thankfully I pressed the brake at the right time" Driver said. Some street vendors gave water to him.

"Don't drive now. I will call someone to send you home" Virat assured. After few minutes he left. But that accident again reminded of the night Sai was selflessly trying to pull the door to help that injured man.

'She put all his hatred aside and stayed in the hospital to take care of you'. He reminded himself

'You are an idiot, Virat!! For useless social barriers you are letting go that pure hearted girl?!' His inner voice screamed at him

He immediately dialed her number. "What is this, Virat sir? Why are you calling me now? We decided not to talk until we are on a same stage" Sai yelled from the other side

"Hey!! Hey!! Let me just talk" he kindly requested

"I wanted to meet you right now. I want to talk to you. Please meet me"

"Where are you?" she calmly asked

"Wahi!!" he replied. And she understood in a second

"Okay, I will be there!" she disconnected the call

She was locking her gate when Sunny knocked in

"Sunny Bhaiya?"

"Virat called me to drive you somewhere. He didn't want you to drive scooter at this time" he said

"What is he trying to do now?" she mumbled in her own.

"His car is there but where is he?" Sunny puzzled

"Stop the car. I know where is he. Thank you for the lift" she walked out of the car and walk to the dark path. . .

---------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆------------

Thank you for reading 🙏

With this, for the first time, we complete 50 chapters of this book. . . A big and heatiest thank you to each one of you for reading it. . 🤗

Keep sharing your views and suggestions. . . 🙌

SanchiiSahu fulfiling your double update request. . But don't make it a habit 😅😅

Feel free to criticise as well.

Next- Sealed with a . . . . . 😉

*guess, guess, guess*