Ties that Bind

Happy Reading 😊

----------------~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

The walk ended at Sai's old house. Though it was not her house anymore. The house has been allotted to the new officer; Mr. Power who was Kamal Joshi's dear friend. He came running by watching Sai and Virat walking towards his home from the window. Soon the small Verandah was occupied by the villagers, who delightedly came to meet Sai. Among the crowd, there stood a lady with tears in her eyes, Sai's eyes too were looking for her; her Usha Maushi, who has always been a motherly figure for her. She ran to touch her feet Usha pulled her for a warm hug. She caressed her hair asking how she had been all this while. Sai assured her well being with a smile.

"How are you Bada?" Milind Kaka said

"I am doing good. Kaka" Sai politely replied

A round of warm greetings and smiles occupied the next few minutes. It was nostalgic for them to meet each other after so long. They were so busy in welcoming Sai that no one noticed Virat standing in the corner at some distance.

"Aren't you going to feed me something? I have come back after so long. And no one is asking me for a glass of water" Sai mocked in her naughty tone

"Ha, ha tum log bhi yahi shuru ho gaye. Unhe andar to aane do (You guys have started talking here only. Let them come in first) Aao Bada, Aayiye Virat Sir (Come in Sai, Virat Sir Please)" Mr Pawar said. Making them all notice Virat's presence. Another round of greeting started while a formal one for Virat.

"Sai come to our house first" Kale Kaka requested

"Nahi, Sai didi will come to our house" Pari, Sai's little best friend, loudly said

"No to mine" Balakram, Sai's cycling partner, argued

Soon the Verandah of the house turn into mini battle field to take Sai to their home. It was funnily beautiful to witness grown ups along with kids fighting childishly to welcome Sai to their home. Somewhere they all wanted her to feel home. They wanted to assure that Sai should feel that she doesn't have any home to go.

"I will come to everyone's houses. Let just start with the one from here" Sai came in to solve the sweetest dispute

She entered her old house, which now belongs to Mr. Power. Many things were changed while some remained the same,  the nostalgic feeling within her. That house still had homely feel. Those four walls making her nostalgic. Every corner was making her to miss her Aaba even more. While Virat looked at the place where once Joshi's had their dining table. He remembered the moments when he always landed to their house, intentionally or unintentionally at the breakfast time. And how Usha Maushi used to feed him with delicious Maharashtrian home cooked food. Sai's angry glare while he used to have breakfast. Kamal sir cribbing like a child for spicy food but ending up eating plain Khichdi in Sai's terror. He remembered all at once.

Inspector Power had kept all the belongings, the furniture along with household things of his brave Martyr friend safely in the separate room. Specifically in the room which was once Sai's.

"We have kept all your things safely. When you will become Doctor and have your own house. You can take all your assets with you. Something's things are here. Some are safe in other's houses but all are safe" Inspector Power assured.
Sai was overwhelmed by their small but generous efforts. She once again felt proud of her Aaba. It was her Aaba's goodness that he has earned so many kind hearted people who even after his death not only love and respect him but they have even treasured his belongings. They were well aware of the fact that while setting up the house we get attached to each and every furniture, decorative items, utensils, everything that we have bought one by one. When Sai left the town, they altogether decided to keep her things safe. No single house had that much space but their heart altogether had enough space to trap the world within.