Chapter 7

You had signed the contract and the very next day you gave your resignation letter. You will get paid five times the amount of your salary after all, and based on your computation, you will be able to pay most of the debts and give your parents the spare.

It feels like a win-win situation for you. Even though you knew that if something is too good, it's hardly true. But it's Kenma, and he can pay you five times as agreed, in fact he can even pay you more than that.

Your first duty, if you can call it that, is to make Suki's breakfast. Kenma told you his daughter usually wakes up at seven on the dot on weekdays and eight on weekends. And since it's a weekday, you came to his place specifically early.

It looked like Kenma had just gone from the bed when he opened the door and you walked in.

"Good morning," you greeted him first, he didn't say anything and instead just nodded in acknowledgement. You learned that he isn't a morning person, after all.

"What does Suki usually eats during breakfast?"

"Cereals," Kenma said before he headed to the living room and propped himself on the couch while you headed to the kitchen.

You tied your hair up in a bun and folded the sleeves of your blouse up to your forearm before you took an apron neatly folded on the side of the counter and wore it. You weren't really surprised to hear Kenma saying that Suki usually eats cereals for breakfast, although it has its fair share of nutritional value, children can get tired having them for breakfast all the time.

So this time, you decided to try out something new for Suki. Not that it's really new as breakfast, you often have this at home when you were little since your mother always made them, it might be Suki's first time having such breakfast, since you doubt Kenma cooks.

While preparing for the breakfast in mind, fortunately Kenma's fridge have all the necessary ingredients, in fact his fridge was full of food that you doubt he even touch since Kenma really has small appetite.

After half an hour, you started to arrange the table, putting the cheesy rice with chicken and broccoli in the plate. You briefly look up to see Suki walking out of the corner where you believed her room was.

Her long hair is messy and almost covers her face, she's wearing a cute pyjama you noticed and she's carrying what looked like a cat plush toy as she trudged to where Kenma is sitting.

Kenma, who was busy with his phone, noticed Suki approaching him and he put the device to the side when the little girl walked up to him and buried her face on his stomach. She stayed like that for a few seconds as Kenma leaned close to her as if he's whispering something in her ear before she nodded her head and looks up. Kenma brushed her hair away from her face before he said something again.