Bet!

"Bucky?" Steve was shocked and surprised.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" a little drunk Sharon asked as she took her seat.

"He's an old friend" Steve turns his head back to the front.

"Right!? I saw him and thought I knew him when it clicked! I almost forgot him. He's here in New York!" You mumble quietly, so just Steve can make out what you're saying.

"Yeah! We never really talked about him, so I forgot to mention it to you." Steve mumbles back, motioning his head to silently say he doesn't want the other two to know more. You take the hint.

What's he doing here? I mean not that it matters, you didn't even remember him. And you highly doubt he remembers you. You don't have a care in the world for what he's doing or where he is. Still, seeing him after all these years made you curious. You know a part of you is still jealous and hates him, especially knowing that living in the same city means, he and Steve must hangout all the time and now they must be really really close. It's childish but come on, no jokes with bestie-business!

After a lot of chatting and eating and them drinking...

"Woah was there something in my drink?" you raise your eyebrows at you friends. Yes, they became your friends and it's 1st time in thousand years you've made a friend so quickly.

Their drunk smirk and laugh were the perfect answer.

"You know I don't..."

"There's a first time to everything, enjoy yourself" You're cut off in the middle by Sam who knew that you've never had a drink by your answer to his offer earlier.

"Y/n don't drink if you don't want to, but lemme tell you're gonna miss the 'cheers to friends'" Little drunk Steve said with puppy eyes and a sad pout.

"Uhh only for friends!" how could someone say no to that face.

"To friends!" you join them.

*clink*

"I know he's attractive and you, you like him. Doesn't meant you'll look back him every now and then" Sharon stuttered.

"Yeah past two hours you've been looking back" Sam joined. And Steve just laughed. Idiot.

"Hey I didn't and I don't even..."

"Just go him and talk. He's with...The girl is fine" Sharon was so over-friendly when drunk.

"Another day another girl for him" you answered for your inner self more than for the others, rolling your eyes. Were you seriously looking back at him that much?

Yeah? That girl is so overrated.

"She won't, she hates him?" Finally something sensible came out of Steve's mouth. Not an idiot anymore.

"Ohhh she won't or she can't?"

What kind of question was this Sam?

"She can't!" Steve chuckled.

What the hell is happening here? Sure I'm drunk too but these people have just lost their minds!

"I can! But I won't!" I had to take a stand!

"Nope, you're afraid" Sam back off man I'mma kill you!

"Afraid of who!? Bucky? My foot!" Okay I'm drunk and it's feeling horribly weird.

"I bet you can't just go here and get that girl out of there!" Is that a challenge Sharon?

"Try me Beyonce!" with that you finally get up.

"If we win 'you owe us!'" Steve joined the game.

"If I win?" All this confidence is coming from the drink, right?

"That won't happen"

Idiot.

Great I'mma win ha easy! How by the way? Guess I owe each of them now? Never I'd rather watch Dora the explorer and die!

How is that possible, why is he so good looking! So much that, 'good-looking' is an understatement in front of his damn perfect face. And that jawline, that can cut Vibranium. Those abs tho, must be fake! He surely has no sense of size cause that shirt is sure an XXXS.

Not sure what makes you wanna puke more, him holding that girl's hand or that girl constantly flirting with him and looking at him like he's a masterpiece.

Okay difficult part done, reaching the table behind him was like riding a roller-coaster with that dizzy head. But now the death part begins. He surely might not remember you just like you didn't. After all, he has no reason to, anyway, you both despised each other and spat sarcastic comments at each other all the time like it was your duty, so why would any sensible person want to remember a person like that.

If it's true and he doesn't remember you, you can take advantage of your drunk state and get away easily! He's not gonna search for a drunk girl who maybe just ruined his date in such a big city! He doesn't have to know it's you.

"You! Here you are! I have been searching for you everywhere.." You go from behind and smile, placing your hand on his shoulder, "..babe." You quickly add seeing the girl's changed expression. Guess this plan is working.

"Y/n!" Bucky looked back at the drunk figure leaning on him with confusion flushed over his face.

Shit!