7 Days left (I)

~Morning, 8a.m.~

"Let's go cupcake" Steve said taking your bags down to his car.

"You realize it's still night, right?" You say yawning and lazily following him down to his car.

You sit down in the car and try to complete your sleep in the 10 minutes' drive. After reaching his apartment you take a piggyback ride to Steve's floor.

"You realize you've turned fat, right?" Steve teases you as he puts you down on the guest room bed effortlessly and you make faces at him in response.

Half an hour later while on a phone call with your mom-dad you see Steve bringing home a sleepy Bucky, who was throwing thousand times more tantrums than your 4 years old niece. You couldn't control the giggle that escaped your mouth and you quickly turned around and continued talking but bad luck for you Bucky saw you laughing at him and made a mental note to take revenge on you.

You returned back to the room as Steve dragged Bucky to his room and locked the door from outside.

"You are gonna be inside until you take bath and get ready" Steve yell over the door for Bucky to hear.

"Not doin that" Bucky yelled back.

Bucky stayed true to his words, two hours had passed, and he had yet not moved.

You did throw tantrums and scrunched your nose and all, but you finally gave in and got ready. You and Steve were sitting in the living room talking about how you couldn't go to your parent's house this Christmas due to personal reasons, then diverting to other lighter topics.

"This way he's gonna starve and die" you say all of a sudden looking at your watch, going totally out of topic.

"But Santa should have that much food" Steve said continuing to talk about the topic you were both on.

"Stevie not Santa..."

"Come on now, the reindeers do get food, Santa ain't that evil" Steve said innocently.

"No no I'm talking about Bucky" you say as you hand gesture towards the locked door.

"Oh Bucky yeah right I'll go check on him" Steve said as he quickly got up then stopped in the middle of the path to look back at you with knitted brows as he said "You never call him that!"

Yes I do...no I don't...

Then he turned back and continued to go further. Why would that matter, it's his name right, you might have called him that, maybe at least once in 12 years?

You train of thoughts came to a stop as you heard Steve yelling your name. You frantically got up and raced to his room only to be hit right in the stomach with a pillow.

"Ahhh What the..." you said holding the pillow as you looked up at the one who threw it.

"And you! I saw you laughing at me" Bucky said through his teeth, squinting his eyes at you as he kept hitting Steve and launching tiny pillows in your direction.

Steve fell hard on the bed, and you went wide eyed as you saw Bucky approaching his next target, you. You turned to run and squeaked so loud as a pair of arms held you from behind yanking you towards him on the bed. You fell on the bed as Bucky launched tickles and pillows in your direction. It couldn't go long as Bucky was hit from behind by Steve yelling, "Cookie I'm with you till the end of the line" Bucky got hit and fell and yelled "I thought you were my friend". You laughed and quickly got up as you held a pillow and started hitting Bucky. But he got up and hit Steve, who fell down, as you went to help Stevie, Bucky held you by your waist and pulled you back. You struggled to loosen his grip, while giggling like crazy. Steve got up and hit you both with pillows yelling "I can do it all day". "Traitor!" You shouted as you managed to come out of Bucky's arm and hit them both. You all three began to hit each other and started laughing uncontrollably as you all collapsed on the bed gasping for air, still laughing. Your head was on Steve's stomach and your legs were on Bucky's.

"How did we never have pillow fights together?" Steve said remembering and chuckling.

"Yea because she never used to hang out" Bucky scoffed jokingly.

"Because I had strict parent and you were an asshole"

"I wasn't, you never even talked to me" Bucky was being defensive, while squinting his eyes on you.

"Because you were a dumb arrogant asshole" You say smirking at him as he shot you a death glare.

"Language" Steve said putting his hand on your mouth to stop you from talking. As Bucky laughed and then received his phone call.

"Eeeww, you licked my hand" Steve squealed as you giggled.

"Steve shh..." Bucky said as he got up and continued his conversation on the phone call.

You and Steve walked to the hall smiling, planning the tiny Christmas party.

~

"I can't come shopping, I have to go meet my friends, greet them for Christmas and stuff" Bucky said with a plain expression.

"What! But we planned on today, Buck!" Steve said disappointed.

"Yeah but they are leaving today so I need to go, I'll join you in the evening" Bucky said with puppy eyes.

Evening!

Steve noticed that your face drop, which you didn't realize it did, "Okay but do come fast" Steve said.

"Will do Cap" Bucky said as he went back to get ready, and You and Steve grabbed your stuffs to go shopping for Christmas.

~

You both reached Target and bought drinks, decoratives and gifts, while sipping your coffee.

"It's so good to see you both get along" Steve said moving the trolley and following you to the candles stock.

"Not getting along just maybe better than before" You say thinking about the past few days when you talked to Bucky more than you ever talked to him in 12years.

"Yea whatever, its good."

You excuse yourself as Steve goes to grab some takeaway lunch.

~

You meet him back near the car park.

"Where'd you go? And what's that?" Steve said raising an eyebrow and pointing at the paper wrapped object in your hand, secured in a big bag.

"Umm a gift?" You said quickly keep it in the trunk of the car, so that Steve couldn't see.

"Who for? Why did you not get it with the other gifts?"

"Cause I just got the idea, now eyes on the road"

It was 4 pm already, you were getting late, so as soon you reached, you both finished the rest of the decoration in Steve's backyard and then quickly went inside to change.

While doing your makeup you hear Steve talking to Peggy, talking about her coming in 30 minutes.

You finish everything and approve you look in the mirror before coming out of the room.