Like old days

"It's Sunday" Bucky said

You were ready to fight back when he increased the ever-racing speed more and 10 minutes later pulled near what looked like a gate.

"You brought me here to kill me and hide my body so that no one would ever know" you said in a serious tone.

He wouldn't kill me. Lord he can and he will!

"Bit too late for that" Bucky said chuckling and pointing behind you.

You turned to look at Steve who just parked his bike next to Bucky's and was now coming towards you with open arms.

"Surprise...woah woah don't kill me there's an eyewitness right there Y/n" Steve said as he tried to hug you.

You stopped punching him and hugged him mumbling "I can't believe you two! I'm still mad at you!"

"I'm safe" Bucky said joining the hug.

"And you" you say hitting him in the gut with you elbow.

"It feels like we are 12 again" Steve says, you three still hugging.

"Yeah, are you sure you're not crying punk?" Bucky chuckles making you all laugh.

~

"It's already midnight I think I'll go back..." You say trying to turn back and leave.

"It's 9 pm not midnight" Bucky says as Steve stops you from going back saying "Just two more minutes Cookie-monster"

~

After walking through the avenue, with trees decorated in fairly lights, for 10 minutes, you reached a beautiful campfire surrounded by families and youngsters and food trucks, tiny stalls, cotton candy stalls and few other things. Everyone giggling and laughing, dancing, and enjoying each other's company under the glowing night sky with sweet sound of music.

"Wow! It's a fair?" You asked looking around in awe.

"Kind of" Steve said smiling proudly knowing his surprise was worth your time and knowing you definitely loved it "come on, ours is there" Steve said point at the three chairs arrangement.

After spending some time there and filling your stomach, you all sat there by your table watching others.

"Thank you" you say accepting the cotton candy and ice-cream Steve bought you, and two ice-creams, for him and Bucky.

It was so unusual to see Bucky so quiet and observing, he was looking like a child who had, for the first time in years, seen people dancing. The sweet smile never left his lips when he was looking around at the kids running and couples dancing.

"Remember the campfire day in 7th grade" Steve said remembering the old days.

You could never forget that day or that year. You three had taken part in the couple dance on the song "Un dos tres" by Ricky Martin, where your partner was a girl who had to disguise herself as a boy because the group had one boy less and one girl extra, thanks to your hair which were longer than Meg's, your dance partner, you weren't the one to disguise. In the middle of the performance, you had a wardrobe malfunction but thank God no one noticed. Steve was dancing perfect with Peggy Carter, a girl from commerce and Bucky was paired with your friend Lucy.

"Of course, My dress got torn!" You said shaking your head and smiling, remembering how embarrassed you were back then.

"Really! I didn't know!" Bucky said chuckling.

"That's because you were too busy laughing on Lucy who was fallen on ground because of you, jerk" Steve said.

"I said that was a mistake" Bucky said laughing "Unlike you, my partner slapped me two times so I didn't hold her properly and.." You all started laughing.

"About that, Peggy is a really good dancer and she's here" Steve interrupted Bucky and just vomited in out in excitement

"Here!" You and Bucky said in unison and started looking around.

"Here in NYC, we'll meet her sometime tomorrow or the day after"

The rest of the night was spent talking about more embarrassing memories and Bucky and Steve stealing your cotton candy and eating instead of buying one for themselves.

~

You returned back home around 2 am on Steve's bike, too scared to ride that space-shuttle of Bucky's especially when you knew you could fall asleep anytime during the ride, which is exactly what happened. Steve drove to your house as you had to attend office in morning. Bucky anyways did come with Steve to help you up to you room as you were fast asleep, and Steve couldn't pick you up from behind him from the bike. Steve stayed and Bucky left for home as your apartment was only one-bedroom, as you slept in your bed, Steve fell asleep on the couch in the living room.