Part 9: The proposal

Iss se pehle ke koi aur tujhe maange uss Khuda se, Tamanna hai tujhe apna banane ki

Tamanna hai tujhe apna banane ki.

//

"Zoya beta! Dekh darwaze par kaun aaya hai, kab se ghanti bajh rahi hai." (Zoya my child, go see whose on the door, the bell has been ringing for a while now.) Her mother yelled from the living room.

"Jee ammi, main dekhti hun!" (Yes mom, I'll go and see.) She said yelling back from the kitchen, she was making her mother's favorite dish biryani and she also decided to bake a cake for the neighbor's children, she absolutely adored them. Only children have the power to make you smile even on your bad days, they're such a precious angels.

She put the biryani on a low fire and quickly set her dupatta right, after that she went to open the door.

Opening the door, she couldn't believe her eyes, her mouth fell apart with shock, to be shocked was an understatement, she was dumbfounded, he was the last person on earth she ever expected to be here.

Her eyes met with his, her honey orbs clashing against his deep brown ones, both lost in each other, unknown of their surroundings, in a world of their own.

Finally realizing she was staring, she immediately looked away.

He couldn't help but smile, seeing her dazed state like this, she looked so cute, he thought.

"Andhar aane ko nehi kahogi?" (Won't you ask me to come inside?) Aadil asked gently.

She didn't know what to say, she just said a small 'come in' and guided him to the living room where her mother was sitting.

"Yeh kaun hai Zoya beta?" (Who is this Zoya my child?) Her mother asked confused.

"Asalamu-Alaikum aunty, main Aadil Khan hun, aapki beti ka boss." (Peace be upon you aunty, I am Aadil Khan, your daughter's boss.) He said with a smile handing her the bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates.

"Walaikum-Asalaam beta, kya zaroorat thi iss sab ki, bethiye aap." (Peace be upon you too my child, what was the need for all this, sit down.) She said with a kind smile.

"Koi baat nehi aunty, pehli baar aaya hun, khaali haath aana acha nehi lagta." (No problem aunty, I've come here for the first hands, it doesn't look nice to come without bringing something.) With that Aadil sat down.

Zoya couldn't understand any of it, her boss, at her house, giving roses and chocolates, being so generous, that was so not him, she thought.

"Zoya, wahan kya khari hui ho? Mehmaan aaye hain, jaa kar chai ka intezaam karo." (Zoya, why are you standing there? A guest has come, go make some tea.) Her mother ordered her.

"J-jee ammi, main l-laati hun." (Y-yes mom, I'll b-bring it.) She hurriedly said broken out of her trance of thoughts.

"Aunty iss sabki koi zaroorat nehi." (Aunty there's no need for all this.) He said kindly.