Part 12: Her fear

Rishton ka qatl ek choti si shak kar gayi,Humari mohabbat ab khamoshi mein badal gayi

Humari mohabbat ab khamoshi mein badal gayi.

//

2 weeks have passed since their nikkah, Zoya has come to know more about Aadil's likes and dislikes, both have grown to understand one another better.

She came to know that he doesn't like any spice neither something too sweet, so she decided to make some daal with white rice.

Usually Aadil would be home by 8pm, it's 7pm now so he must be here soon, she thought.

What she didn't know was, that it would become a very long wait for her.

//

Hours passed without any news of Aadil, Zoya was feeling anxious, she was worried for him, she called him several times, but he didn't answer.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks like a river fall, she kept sobbing, the maid kept consoling her, but to no avail, her tears and sobs didn't subside.

"Bibi jee, himmat rakhen woh bilkul thik honge." (Ma'am, be strong he'll be absolutely fine.)

"K-kaise himmat r-rakhun? W-woh mera phone n-nehi utha rahen, k-kab ka aa j-jana cheya tha unko." (H-how can I be s-strong? H-he isn't p-picking up my calls, h-he should've a-arrived long a-ago.) She said in between her sobs.

Suddenly Zoya heard heavy footsteps, with her red swollen eyes she looked up, her eyes clashing with his tired deep brown ones.

Then her eyes traveled to his shirt, it was stained by blood.

"Aadil!" She shouted and ran to him.

"Y-yeh kya hua a-aapko? Yeh c-choot kaise a-aayi?" (W-what happened to y-you? How d-did you get this w-wound?) She asked now more worried than before.

Her dull face and red puffed eyes, pierced his heart.

He immediately cupped her face.

"Zoya meri jaan, mujhe kuch nehi hua, relax please, yeh toh kisi ko choot aayi thi, uski madat ki thi toh uska khoon meri shirt par bhi lag gaya." (Zoya my life, nothing happened to me, relax please, someone was injured, I was helping that person so his blood came on my shirt.) He said reassuringly.

"A-aap ne m-mujhe d-dara hi diya, m-mera phone bhi n-nehi uthaya t-tha aapne. Itni c-calls ki thi m-mainey." (Y-you scared m-me, y-you also didn't p-pick my calls. I c-called so many t-times.) She said in between her hiccups.

"Zoya, bohot busy tha, emergency thi na, help karni thi uss bande ki, isliye phone nehi utha saka, itna pareshaan tha ke waqt ka dehaan hi nehi raha, nahi calls ka pata chala, sorry meri jaan." (Zoya, I was very busy, it was an emergency, I had to help that person, that's why I couldn't receive any calls, I was so worried at that time that it didn't came in my mind, I didn't know about the calls, I am sorry my life.)