Part 20: Her pain

Tere khiaal ko dil se juda na karun,Tere bin toh main saans bhi liya na karun,Tum joh mile toh mashwara diya dil ne,Ke ab nain rab se kisi aur ki dua na karun

Tere bin toh main saans bhi liya na karun,
Tum joh mile toh mashwara diya dil ne,
Ke ab nain rab se kisi aur ki dua na karun.

//

It was the 5th month of Zoya's pregnancy and everything was going well, with Aadil taking the best care of her.

He constantly gave her instructions regarding her diet, he kept her away from every kind of household work.

All he cared about was her health and well-being.

"Zoya, it's time for your monthly check-up, we have to go to the doctor." He ordered, entering the room.

Zoya was leaning against the headboard, reading her Quran.

She placed a bookmark between the page and closed her Quran, reciting something and kissing it.

"Jee thik hai." (Yes okay.) She said with a smile.

He immediately came infront of her, offering his hand, which she immediately accepted with a grateful smile.

"It's not just an ordinary check-up Aadil." She tried to remember him.

"It isn't?" He asked rather uninterested.

She sighed.

"Aadil, it's a sonography test." She replied.

"Aaj hume p-pata chal jayega ke larki hai ya l-larka." (Today we'll g-get to know if it's a boy or a g-girl.) She said nervously with a small smile.

"Does that even make a difference?" He asked unaffected.

"Ofcourse it does, larka bilkul aapke jaisa hoga aur larki meri jesi." (Ofcourse it does, the boy will be exactly like you and the girl will be like me.) She said with a cheerful smile.

"Yeh sab baad ki baaten hain, let's go now." (These are talks for later, let's go now.) He took her with him.

Her heart clenched painfully at his cold remarks.

He opened the car's door for her and made her sit inside.

He started the car, driving to his private clinic.

"Aadil." Zoya called out.

He hummed, indicating for her that he's listening.

"Atleast thora sa toh interest show karden." (Atleast show a bit of interest.) She sadlybrequested.

"Zoya you know very well, I can't fake my emotions, I'm not the man to put up a facade." He replied coldly.

She deeply sighed and turned her face.

It's been like this ever since her pregnancy.

He didn't show the least interest in their child.

She thought during her pregnancy, he would learn to love their child and maybe accept it, but that didn't happen.