Part 17: Resolving matters

Kehne ko toh sab thik hai,Par kuch kam sa lagta hai,Kabhi kabhi yun hi yeh shehar,Tanha tanha sa lagta hai

Par kuch kam sa lagta hai,
Kabhi kabhi yun hi yeh shehar,
Tanha tanha sa lagta hai.

//

Zoya kept calling Aadil all day but in vain, he didn't pick up any of her calls, she was worried, because he never ignored her like this at the office.

Suddenly her phone lit up, she got a message, it was Aadil's message.

I'm busy, don't disturb.

Her eyes welled up with unshed tears, she couldn't understand why he was being so rude to her.

Soon it was night, he still wasn't home, it was already 9:00pm, she was worried, but he had informed her that he would be late, so she understood that he must've been caught up with work.

She kept waiting and waiting, it was already 12:00am, she was worried and kept calling, but he didn't respond to any of her calls, she was so tired and didn't know when sleep overtook her.

//

The door opened, Aadil entered his mansion, he threw away his jacket on the chair and turned around when his gaze fell on his wife sleeping soundly on the sofa.

He slowly walked over to her, kneeling down so he could get a better look at her.

He saw dried up tears on her cheeks, which meant she had been crying.

He felt awful for hurting her yet again, but it wasn't totally his fault, he lost track of time due to workload.

He decided to put her in bed so he slowly and gently carried her up in bridal style in order not to wake her up, she still was sleeping and snuggled closer to his chest at which he couldn't surpress a small smile.

He walked over to the stairs and reaching their bedroom he gently put her in bed, tucking over the blankets.

He couldn't resist her cuteness so he bend forward to place a soft kiss on her forehead when her eyes suddenly opened.

Her red eyes clashing with his tired ones.

He turned around to leave when her tiny hand grabbed his big one.

"Mera haath choro Zoya." (Leave my hand Zoya.)

"Kya h-hua Aadil?" (W-what happened Aadil?) She asked in a low voice.

"Mujhe tumse koi behas nehi karni iss waqt, soo jao ab." (I don't want to argue at this time, go to sleep now.) He removed her hand from his and started to walk away.

She got up from bed and hurriedly went to stand infront of him, blocking his way.

He sighed but decided to take the other way, but she blocked his way again.

"Kya masla hai Zoya?" (What's your problem Zoya?) He asked through gritted teeth, getting annoyed now.

"A-aap mere s-saath aisa k-kyun kar rahe h-hain? M-maine aisa k-kya kiya?" (W-why are you d-doing this to me? W-what did I do?) She asked with tears welling up in her eyes.