꧁The Hashiras꧂pt2

"Remember to do everything to the best of your ability, (Y/n). Even if it means you will still fail."

My father always used to tell me that. To keep going. To get where I want to be. Sometimes it got annoying but I didn't complain.

He always used to tell me stories about how he used to slay demons when he was younger. He always said he was the best and would do it all again if he had to.

My mother was a very gentle and calm person. She would wake me up in the morning and greet me with a cup of tea. The house would always be spotless and no dishes would be left dirty.

Her hair was always tied in a neat bun at the back of her head and she would often put accessories in it too. No wonder so many people loved her.

Her side of the family was very religious and they taught me, from a young age, to always do something good for people. They all drilled it into the back of my head.

What would my mother thing about this? What would my dad think about this?

A single tear rolled out of one of my eyes as the beams of light faded away from my body. I then realised I had missed my target.

I was daydreaming to the point my target could've been anywhere. I hadn't been paying attention.

"Oh my." A voice whispered into my ear. "Did you think of something?"

Clank!

I turned around and my scythe met her sword. I jumped backwards and walked opposite her in a circle.

"I don't want to do this anymore." I told her.

"What's the sudden change in mood all of a sudden?" The girl asks. "You wanted to slaughter me a moment ago."

"Well I... well it's a long story. But I want to stop."

"Oh... alright then." She sighed. "I guess I'll have to lead you back."

"What's your name?" I said quickly before she moved on. "And what is with your sword shape?"

"I'm Shinobu Kocho. But just call me Shinobu. My sword isn't made for actually slicing demons but it instead injects Wisteria poison into their system."

What would've happened to me if I didn't keep my guard up?

I didn't say a word and instead followed her inside with the others.

"Woah! What was that last move!" Tanjiro asked eagerly.

"It's a healing and attack technique. I can heal while I have the chance to hit my opponent."

He took out a notebook and started writing in it. "What breathing do you have? How did you master it? Why do you have a scythe? Why—"

"Keep it together goddammit! (•̀ᗣ•́)و."

"You looked strong out there!" The blue haired boy bumped into me. "Fight me!"

"P-p-p-please d-don't say your a... your a-a monster!" Zenitsu cried.

What a weird group I stumbled across.

꧁꧂

Shinobu lead us back to the room with multiple beds. Apparently, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu's training was over for a bit since it was the weekend. I still had to go for a trial tomorrow.

For using a scythe? This must be a joke.

Anyway, tomorrow came and I had to dress up in a black uniform with baggy pants and long-sleeved jumper with the words 'extermination' written on the back.