꧁Inosuke Hashibira꧂

Inosuke laughed menacingly. "Take any longer and I'll be done with the mission!"

"Shut up!" I shouted as I rummaged through everything I could see. My haori was no where to be seen and now I was going to be late for the mission.

It would have to wait.

So I grabbed my scythe and headed out with Inosuke. He obviously ran in front of me since he claimed he was the king of the mountains or something like that; rambling about it all the way on our journey. I almost went insane, but the fact that he was raised by boars and survived on the mountains from a young age surprised me.

Once we arrived, I followed behind Inosuke as we approached a small cabin. It almost looked like there was a small crop-farm apart from that there were no crops. It was just dirt.

"Something seems off." Inosuke mumbles.

"Well, no shit." I said sarcastically. "That's why we came here."

"Probably a demon."

". . ." I stared at him in disbelief.

Suddenly, there was a cry coming from the cabin. Me and Inosuke froze until it stopped echoing into the distance. It was horrifying.

"I see! It was a battle cry!" Inosuke ran straight to the cabin.

"You stupid boar! Don't go just yet-"

It was too late to tell him to stop - he had already arrived at the door and made his way inside. I had to follow him inside to make sure he didn't get lost or do anything even more stupid.

We went through room by room, checking for the source of the screaming until we came across a silhouette at the end of a hall. It faced us but didn't move. It was tall and had broad shoulders as well as very short hair and pretty big muscles.

I grabbed my scythe from my back and held it firmly. Inosuke grabbed both his swords and literally charged towards the thing.

Breathe...

Concentrate...

Hope...

"Star Breathing; Third Form; Universal Time Stop."

Everything stopped, including Inosuke who had jumped in attempt to slice off the demons head nice and quick. I took a closer look that the demon had his finger pointed right at his face with a nail unbelievably sharp. That could've pierced Inosuke through the face.

As I took a closer look into the darkness, I saw a person sat there in a yellow kimono with their head in their hands.

I sighed. "Oh well." I grabbed Inosuke's ankle and moved him back to where he was stood before this chaos.

Once everything was back to normal, Inosuke was very confused and fascinated at the same time about my breathing forms. I could tell the demon was also quite confused but who was I to care?

"Inosuke." I whispered as I kept an eye on the demon. "There is a person behind that thing. Distract it or even kill it so I can get that person to safety."

"You can count on me!" He said before charging towards it again.

I did the same but aimed behind the demon; trying not to get caught. I reached the person who was around the corner and made sure they were alright. He was a pale man with short brown hair and brown eyes along with slightly rosy cheeks and rounded lips.

"Are you alright? Can you stand?" I asked him as I kept an eye on the demon.

The guy looked at me with blank eyes and eventually managed to stand up. "I can... move." His soft voice said.

"Is there another way to get out?"

"There is a rather large window... out the back that is."

"Go through that and meet us at the front. Otherwise, run as far as you can until you can get help."

He nods his head and runs towards the other rooms.

Let's make this quick shall we.

꧁꧂

Me and Inosuke walked out of the cabin, leaving the disintegrating body behind us and met the man outside just like I told him.

"Would you look at that. Not only did I finish the job but the moon is still visible." I told him.

"I would've had that demon's head if you had not been there!"

"You should've done it quicker."

"Do you want me to rip your breasts off?!"

"Don't threaten her!" The man yelled. "You both just saved my life! Please get along." He came up to me and held my hands in his. "Please tell me you don't have a husband."

"Uhh..." I looked awkwardly at him.

"I'm her husband!" Inosuke put his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't know what that is, do you? (ㆆ ᴗ ㆆ)." I told him.

"I am! I train with you sometimes don't I?" He tried to explain it.

I turned back to the man. "No I don't have a husband and I don't need one yet."

He let go of my hands and dropped his head. "I understand."

"You better get some place safe before any more demons appear. Who knows what kind of danger there would be."

"Understood! Thank you!"

Inosuke laughed. "Another minion gained to praise Lord Inosuke."

"Shut up!" I slapped the back of his nose head.