꧁The Talk꧂

A couple days had passed since my last fight with Upper Moon 3, Akaza, and I was feeling much better. My wound had healed and had only left a scar and I had regained my energy from using my seventh form.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke had been doing hardcore training with Rengoku since he was also injured and needed time to rest. But today, the trio were going on separate missions against demons.

I wonder how that's going to go.

I was already dressed in my uniform with my haori being held by my belt. My scythe had its blades inside a leather sheath and was held by a piece of loose cloth attached to my back.

I was headed towards the place I first met the Master in to see if I was good enough to live freely but I wasn't nervous. Besides, I lived while fighting an Upper Moon.

The closer I got, my nerves started kicking in.

Did I do well enough?

Did I actually manage to survive that?

Am I even alive right now?!

I made sure my body was in tact and I wasn't dead multiple times.

Nope! I'm not dead just yet!

Too many thoughts flooded my brain until I arrived. I walked around until I was greeted inside and taken to the back porch by a small, white-haired girl in a purple kimono.

The Master was already sat down on his legs and facing towards the garden.

"Master, (Y/n) has arrived." The girl said.

"Oh. Perfect timing. Please do come and have some tea with me."

Not a single word came out of my mouth. Only the sound of my footsteps on the wooden floor filled the silence in the air. I sat down on the opposite side of a small table that was in front of him and stared hard at his face.

What is that on his forehead and eyes? Poison? Is it an infection?

"I hope the sky is as clear as any other day, today." The black-haired man told me.

"I hope life has treated you well since I last saw you, Master." I bowed my head in respect.

What are you doing, (Y/n)?! Get your act together! That was so awkward!

"Thank you very much, (Y/n). I suppose you have had a successful mission. That is good."

"Thank you very much!"

"I said I was here to tell you the last part of your trial but that's not quite what I intended to tell you. Even though I have accepted you into the Demon Slayer Corps."

I didn't know how to feel about that. I was happy I didn't have to go to jail or get killed but he had something else planned. That made me go uneasy.

"It is quite a lot of information so prepare yourself."

꧁꧂

I sat there in shock from after what he told me. He took a sip of tea from his cup and looked at me with reassuring eyes.

"It's alright if you don't remember it all. You just need to be aware of this." He told me.

"So what about final selection? Do I still have to do it?" I asked.

"No. Keeping you alive and safe as possible is our priority. Therefore we can't accept the risk of sending you there."

Behind the Master, a woman stepped out from inside the building. She had white hair tied neatly behind her head and wide, purple eyes. She wore a pink kimono with a black haori with blue butterflies. She only wore light makeup on her face and still looked amazing.

She walked over to us and knelt down next to us. "More tea?" She asked politely.

"No thank you, Amane. We are quite done here."

I immediately bowed fully by placing my hands on the floor and hovering my head just above them. "Thank you for your time... uh... what should I call you?" I tried to sound respectful.

He let out a slight laugh. "Call me anything. The other Hashiras call me 'Master' or 'Oyakata' so don't hesitate."

"Sure thing... Master." I slowly stood up and dashed out of there. Good thing I was pretty fast.

I just had to find somewhere where no one was. Somewhere quiet. There was one place though - the Butterfly Estate garden.

When I reached there, I fell to my knees and gripped my haori which fell over my shoulder. It hurt. Everything hurt.

What was going on with my life? A blue flower? My family... a backup plan? Star Breathing is... only taught to-!

While I tried to interpret everything that had happened, a voice interrupted me midway through my thoughts.

"Hey! (Y/n)!" They called. "Snap out of it! We need to go inside! It's cold!"

Who is it? Inside? It's not cold...

Then it hit me. A gust of wind blew against my face and I felt someone shaking me by the shoulders. My vision was blurry but soon got back to normal. It was Tanjiro.

The sky was still light but the sun was nowhere to be seen. It was cold but not freezing and Tanjiro had this worried look on his face.

"What is wrong? Why did I find you kneeling on the ground breathing heavily?! Are you sick?"

I stared into his red eyes. I could tell he had gone through a lot in his past and had gone through a lot of pain but the look of determination overpowered the sadness. He wanted revenge.

"(Y/n)!" He yelled.

I brought myself together and got away from his grip.

"It's a long story."

"Well I want to hear it!"

"Aww! How sweet! Two lovers all alone!" We both turned around to see a man with a red mask and long black hair. Knowing my luck, he also had knives tied to the sides of his head by a spotty cloth and he also held two more. "Too bad you broke your sword!"

"Eh? ⚆ _ ⚆" I asked before Tanjiro scooped me off the ground and legged it.

"I said I was sorry! (꒪ȏ꒪;)"

꧁Dᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ Wɪᴛʜ Tʜᴇ Sᴛᴀʀs꧂ (Demon Slayer x reader) || DISCONTINUED ☹️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara