꧁Demons꧂

Huff... huff... huff...

I had been fighting this demon for a while now to the point we were both getting tired. But I couldn't let him win. I had to save my uncle.

The demon prepared his next attack as I was in a defensive position with my scythe in front of me. My hair hung over my face and a drop of sweat run down my face. I wasn't going to abandon this fight.

"Try this!" The demon yelled. Multiple unusually large stems grew from the ground and charged towards me.

Breathe...

Concentrate...

Hope...

"Star Breathing; fourth form; Around the World."

I put my scythe beside me as a transparent orb surrounded me, protecting me from anything trying to get close to me.

I ran as fast as I could towards the monster and jumped pretty high, holding my scythe above my head.

"Star Breathing; First form; Supernova."

I swung my scythe downwards, right towards the demon, and knocked him down while it penetrated him. A light started to form within him and it grew larger and larger. I began to retreat back to my uncle who was still left on the tree.

"I'll get these off you, don't worry. Do you happen to know where Hoshi is? Remember my master?" I tugged on the vines that wrapped around him. There was no answer.

The vines were very tight around his abdomen. I couldn't even pull them off a bit.

"I'm surprised you can manage with these things so tight. But I'll get you out." I looked up at him. My expression turned from a reassuring look to a horrified one.

I stepped back and covered my mouth.

No. This can't be-. He has to still be alive, right?

I felt that feeling again of my scythe. I turned slightly and held out my hand to grab it as it dashed back to me.

The second it touched my palm, something pierced through my upper arm and just under my rib cage. I let out a short shriek as I tried not to alert the nearby village.

Aghh-

I looked to see what it was and to my surprise, it was the vines. They had grown extra parts that could move around. I used my other arm with the scythe to separate me and the vines; they retracted back to the main vine.

"Looks like I didn't go deep enough." The demon stood opposite me also injured.

There was a burning feeling in my chest. Something way out of my control. Pure hatred.

One moment I was in front of the demon. The next moment I was behind it.

"Eh?!" The demon sounded shocked.

My scythe easily took off its head. One simple slice and off it went onto the floor.

"See you in hell you piece of shit." I stomped on its head before it's body faded into ashes.

I managed to cut the vines off my uncle with my scythe and he fell on me. I held him close before I carried him on my good arm back to the village.

"Bury him. I don't care what you do or if you plan a funeral or whatever. Just... just bury him."

꧁꧂

Just a few more steps. Just keep going.