꧁Rengoku Kyojuro꧂

Inosuke crouched next to me and patiently listened to me as I slowly told him what happened. Surprisingly, he didn't interrupt once. He just listened.

"At least your alive! We're all alive too! Let's all just keep living!" He jumped up as if he were excited. "I'll go tell the others you're here!" He patted my head gently before running to the others with a laugh.

I paused for a moment to think.

Wait what. Was that actually Inosuke?! Or was that a dream? Has he ever been that soft before? Is he sick? Am I sick? (_)

I had officially lost everyone in my family. I couldn't even save one of them. Demons. It was those damn demons. Was I going to be next? Besides, I was the only one keeping my family bloodline from ending. There was no hope for me or my family anymore.

Why did I have to be the one to survive? I should've been the one to die.

I coughed as blood dripped out the corner of my mouth. My arms weakly held my body as I slowly bled to my death. That was until something touched the middle of my forehead.

"Don't think you can get away with dying so easily!" A very confident voice told me.

I looked up to see Rengoku stood over me.

"Relax. Find exactly where you are bleeding in your mind. Heal it yourself." He ordered.

What was this guy talking about?

So I did what he requested and closed my eyes.

Find the bleed. Find the bleed.

As soon as I found it, I grit my teeth - using the rest of my energy.

"Relax." He repeated.

I got the hang of it and stopped the bleeding soon after. I had to tell him about Akaza before anything bad happened; but there was a slight problem - I couldn't even move my lips since I was drained of energy.

Rengoku laughed. "You did it! Maybe even quicker than Tanjiro over there. How did you even end up in this state?"

I looked up at him then at my finger which was pointing towards the trees Akaza escaped to repeatedly until I thought he had the idea.

Please let this guy be smart.

"Ahh. I see. There is a surprise for us behind those trees!"

I think I'll just die right here.

"I understand what you are trying to say completely." His voice sounded serious this time. Much more deep and more emotionless than the other time.

He picked me up as I moved to grip my scythe and took me further away from the trees. He instead brought me back with the others.

Tanjiro was sat on the ground, obviously concentrating about something, while Inosuke and Zenitsu helped people from the train.

"(Y/n)!" Tanjiro called out. "I'm so happy to see you're okay! Well not physically but you're alive!"

"She's not in the greatest condition." Rengoku said as he put me back on the grass. "She will definitely take time to heal and and will probably have to go through rehabilitation."

Go through... what now?!

"But we have one last thing to cover."

The sound of a sword being pulled out of a sheath filled the air. I had so much information I still had to tell them, but I just couldn't bring myself to talk. At this rate, we were all at risk of dying all because I was too weak.