꧁Stay Alive꧂

The building had collapsed into pieces. I had fallen with it. I was still conscious but everything was one big blur. I didn't feel any pain. I was numb. It felt like a day dream.

My surroundings began to blur even more and slowly disappear into nothing. The sky became bluer and bluer and the clouds became more visible - it was daytime. Every pressure I felt before had gone. Every worry, every sin, every trauma had gone.

I could finally move again. I sat up and looked around to see a house with two people talking on the porch. I recognised this place. This was my home.

I wasn't wearing my uniform given by the Corps but I was instead wearing a kimono.

Had I gone back in time to when I was a kid? Am I dreaming? Am I hallucinating?

I stood up and walked towards the two people and realised that those were my parents. Tears formed in my eyes; I last saw my parents many years ago.

They were talking to each other with caution of my location - as if they were hiding something from me. They got quieter as I got closer.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked in my kid-like voice.

My dad turned to me, "Nothing sweetheart-"

"If you were never born we wouldn't have to go through such trouble as we are going through now!" My mum interrupted.

I stared blankly.

My mum would never say that. Is that was she truly felt? Is that why she didn't tell me anything when I was younger?

My head became more dizzy by the second. I fell to my knees holding my head. I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, I was in a completely different place.

I was stood up and was taller than I usually was. There were many people surrounding me but none from the Slayer Corps. They were all instead wearing a different uniform and so was I.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina District!"

"I see! That's a ridiculous name! Did your parents give it to you?!"

"My grandfather did, Sir"

"Why are you here, Arlert?"

"To help humanity achieve victory!"

"Wonderful to hear! We can feed you to the titans!"

The poor boy was grabbed by the hair and turned around to face me. He looked terrified. I wasn't that scary was I?

Then it happened again. My head started to spin to the point I couldn't stand up straight.

I opened my eyes to see a pitch black abyss surrounding me. I turned around to see someone very familiar. It was my master.

We both stared at each other in silence until he decided to talk.

"I am glad to see you alive."

My mouth wouldn't open. I couldn't speak. I could only look at him and thank God I could see him.

"I am okay so you don't need to worry about me. I am just far, far away right now."

"Will I ever see you again." I mumbled.

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a weird shaped object. "You can see me and when you can't, you can hear me."

He opened my hand and put it in my palm as he closed it again. "This is advanced technology that hasn't developed in the some places of Japan. Place it in your ear and you will be able to hear me. Put it on the ground and tap it twice to see me. But remember you can only do this once a day."

I knelt down in front of him and held both his hands. "I will come find you and it won't take long. Trust me."

꧁꧂

I laid on what felt like rubble - probably from the buildings that collapsed - and opened my eyes slowly to see that I had fallen on top of the collapsed roof and a beam had fallen on my leg and across my back.

It didn't feel like I had broken any major bones in my back or leg but it would definitely leave a bruise or at least one sprain. There was no way I could get out of this unless someone helped me.

My only option was to wait.

I could hear the crackling of fires that danced all over the city. Buildings were unstable and were still collapsing. This wasn't good.

A drop of sweat ran down my cheek. There was no fire around me. It wasn't hot. There was no reason for me to be sweating; unless the poison had started to take effect.

I need to get out! My body is facing downwards. If I rolled over, I could get the beam off my back but my leg would stay in place. I could dislocate my thigh. How do I do this?!

There was a pressure released from my back in that moment. Had it already come off? I hadn't even moved yet.

"Good thing I came on instinct!" A loud and determined voice told me. "Obanai should be on his way so I decided to make my way here before him!"

Is that..?

🎉 You've finished reading ꧁Dᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ Wɪᴛʜ Tʜᴇ Sᴛᴀʀs꧂ (Demon Slayer x reader) || DISCONTINUED ☹️ 🎉