꧁Tactics ꧂

None of us moved in the slightest. We all faced each other and waited for the dust to clear before our next moves.

A croaky voice came from the shadows. "It pisses me off that you re good looking and have three wives. To top that off, you look cool too. But what is so different about you?" He looked Tengen straight in the eyes. "What makes you different from other Hashira? Seems like you were special since you were born. I am very jealous of you and therefore you should die."

"Special?" Tengen responded. "Do I really look like someone who has had something special since they were born? Creature like you trapped in places like these are oblivious to the outside world."

"What would you know about it?"

"Some people out there will astonish you unlike the same old people you see everyday. Some have mysterious skills and some can pick up a sword and become a Hashira in two months. And I'm the chosen one? Bullshit! How many lives do you think have been lost because of me? Explain how I can be special!"

"You refuse to die even though my sickles are drenched in poison!" The demon complained.

"Well I come from a line of shinobi. I have learnt to not let poison bother me."

"Oh damn, really?" I turned to him and asked in shock. "I swear-"

"I swear they were wiped out in the Edo period! Don't make up lies!" Daki interrupted.

"That's what I was going to say." I said to myself.

"Yes the shinobi were wiped out but not all of them. I had nine brothers and sisters but seven died when I turned 15. Due to this, my father forced us to do some brutal training. Only my little brother and I were left. He was an exact image of my father. As long as his wives were able to produce heirs. No one else had their say."

Excitement slowly started to run through my body. I couldn't handle stories right before a fight since it would tense up the atmosphere. I tried to stay calm but at the same time I wanted to move; get this over with.

I heard a couple deep breaths from the Hashira next to me. The poison was affecting him after all.

The demon laughed, "The poison is affecting you slowly after all, isn't it? Pretty humiliating, that you said all that and this happens, if you ask me."

"He's got a point y'know. I guess your training wasn't hard enough." I pointed out.

"You probably can't do any better." Gyutaro told me.

"He's also got a point about that too." I admitted to myself.

"Back onto topic, I am perfectly okay!" Tengen stuck his swords into the ground. "I can dance for you if you want! I would love 100 bowls of tempura udon right now! In a flashy way obviously!"

He retook his swords and dashed towards the demons - almost slashing Gyutaro's neck and kicked Daki into the air. Tengen had more of those exploding metal pieces so he threw them at both demons.

Gyutaro seemed to have dodged all of them, unlike Daki who was an exploding mess. Her head had come off already!

Tengen saw his chance to cut off the other demons head and held his swords by the tip so the other extended for a clean cut. The demon blocked it but not fully so a small cut was made in his neck.

"I'm beheaded again?! This isn't fair! Why am I always being beheaded!" Daki groaned in the back.

I went over to her slowly. "I'll help you reattach it if you want. I'll try to at least."

"How can I trust you?!"

"Trust me, I don't want any trouble."

I got closer and closer until I could grab her detached head. "See I wouldn't do anything bad."

"Just reattach it."

Now for the next part of my plan...

"Maybe in another life." I took her head and threw it as hard as I could into the distance. I then gathered all the belts that came from her back and pinned them to the ground with my scythe. There were already holes in them so someone must have done this already before me. I couldn't have imagined how unlucky this demon was.

"This should buy you enough time, Tengen!"

Two belts slipped from my grasp from underneath. They forced their way out of the building and towards Daki's head.

"Never mind! I'll just keep this demon busy." I sighed. "More work - unbelievable."

I jumped onto the source of the belt and followed them, slicing them with every chance I got. I landed on a nearby rooftop and realised the belts just grew back no matter how many times I tore them apart. But I had to keep them busy!

breathe...

concentrate...

destroy...

"Star Breathing; Second Form; Whirlpool Galaxy."

I spun my scythe in a half circle facing the belts. There were stars in a Galaxy formation that were growing at a fast rate and moving towards the belts. It shredded the fabric into little pieces as it was engulfed by the whirlpool.

I pushed off the roof and followed behind the whirlpool - slicing any large pieces that got through.

Her belts keep growing back! Before long, she is going to reach her head. Attack from below!

One of the belts managed to get away and come towards me from beneath me. I blocked it with my scythe, luckily, but flew into the air with the belt. The other ones proceeded to dash towards where I threw Daki's head.

"Damn!" I yelled in frustration.

She quickly found it and soon reattached her head.

All of a sudden, I heard a fizzing sound - or rather electrical sounds. They grew louder and louder until a bright bolt of lighting hit the demon. What was going on?