Web of Lies

Chapter 13

A/N: hey y'all, remember, I'm just the writer, the OCs belong to Gabeherndon308.

"You mean like that?" Trezac questioned pointing up.

Whirling on their heels, everyone felt the blood drain from their face at the sight of the leech looming over them. With loud screams, the group leapt out of the way as the beast lunged, slamming its jaws down on where they'd previously been.

It first slithered after Ava and Ellis, who ran around it and lead it back closer to the others. Seeing what was like easier targets, the beast began to chase Rayla, who ran up a boulder and flipped back over the creature before continuing to run from it. Climbing back up in the tree, the elf's eyes widened as she saw the monster chasing Ezran. Fortunately, Ellis and Ava saved him, racing over and scooping him up.

"FOCUS! WE CAN DO THIS!" Callum cheered from the side. "EZ AND BAIT, YOU'RE UP!"

Ezran nodded, picking up Bait and closing his eyes. Through their clids each of them could see the bright flash of light accompanied by the pained screech of the beast as it was blinded.

"YES! ELLIS, AVA, AGIR: WOOF!"

Ezran hopped off Ava, allowing the wolf and rider to take off after the flaming fire-fox barking and running around the disoriented beast. Its massive head swung between the difference sources of sound coming from all around it, trying and failing to pinpoint its prey.

"Ok, my turn for Zap," Callum said drawing the lightning rune. The orb in his palm sparked to life and lightning crackled over him. "Here goes nothing," he threw his hand forwards, "Fulminus!"

A near deafening crack split the air as the lightning shot across the battlefield, slamming into its unsuspecting target. The leech released a series of agonized screeches, writhing as its body spasmed.

"YES! GET ZAPPED! GET ZAPPED BY THE ZAP HAND!" Callum cheered.

"Can you be astounded later?" Rayla asked pulling out her sword alongside Trezac.

"Right, Rayla, Trezac, you guys got this: Slish Slash!"

Unfortunately, at that moment, the beast seemed to be able to reorient itself, turning towards the pair with a shrill cry. Startled, Rayla stumbled back, tripping over a rock and knocking her sword from her grasp. Her eyes widened as she saw the beast slithering towards her before it threw its head back with another pained cry.

Looking over, she saw the cause. Trezac had stabbed his glowing silver blade into the beast, causing the stench of burnt flesh to permeate the air. The leech lunged at him and Trezac leapt back, almost shimmering in a way her kind would do when they wanted to hide. His yellow blade arched out, slashing the monster across the muzzle causing it to whip its head in her direction with a cry. Seeing her chance, Rayla sprinted. With quick steps she approached the monster, swinging her sword up and through the beast's neck for an effective kill. As it fell, the rolled out of the way, crouching next to Trezac.

"That was too close," she panted.

"No kidding," he agreed.

Seeing movement come from the monster, both gave startled cries as they the babies crawling their way out of their mother's body. At that moment, Rayla was never more glad for the strange human's magic as he sent the vile little creatures flying clear across the clearing.

"Still better than a Rathtar," Trezac mumbled.

-.-

Runaan forced his eyes open as the door before him gave a creak as his captors entered. A shiver ran through him as he saw Eleven skip in behind the High Mage with a smile, tossing him a little wave as her companion set his materials down.