Realizations

Chapter 33

A/N: Hello everyone, welcome back! Good to see everyone here again! I'm happy to see everyone's enjoying it so far. Remember, I'm just the writer, Gabeherdon308 and Mandalore the Survivor own most of the major OCs, I only have a few minor ones in there as of right now.

It was cold. That was the first thing Trezac noticed as consciousness began to return to him. And, it didn't feel natural. No, this wasn't the bite of a cool desert night. This was something sinister, something dark.

Sitting up, Trezac dug his fingers into Sol Regem's fur, climbing up the dragon's neck until he was able to grab onto one of his many horns. "We're close, aren't we?"

"Yes," Sol Regem replied as they came over the peak of a dune, "we are."

The black pyramid rose from the obsidian sands, illuminated by the harsh scarlet glow radiating from the ancient runes on the obelisks. Every now and then, red light could be seen flowing through the cracks in the ancient structure. Trezac shivered as the temple grew closer, the air around them seemed to chill further and for a moment the padawan almost swore he could see his breath.

And yet, it didn't feel hostile. Every other time he'd been near the Sith or close to one of their strongpoints, he'd felt like the force around him had been violated. But...here, this temple, it didn't feel like that. He couldn't explain it.

"I'll be back," he said, patting Sol Regem's horn. Leaping down from his head, Trezac landed on the ground.

He didn't get far before a massive amber-colored tail blocked his path. "There is something wrong here. You should not go in alone."

Trezac didn't disagree, but he highly doubted Sol Regem could follow him. Not unless the titanic dragon could suddenly fit through a person-sized door. "Unless you can shrink, I don't think we really have a choice," he replied jumping over the dragon's tail. "I'll be back in an hour."

He heard Sol Regem give an irritated huff, but he offered no further protest as Trezac strode up the steps of the temple. The doors slowly began to glow as red light pooled into the intricately carved runes as he approached, the light seeming to pulse in sync with his heart.

If it wasn't so terrifying, it could've been considered beautiful.

A dull thud echoed over the landscape as the doors began to slowly creak open, a fine layer of sand falling away as a icy breeze flowed from the temple seeming to swirl around him as if beckoning him to come inside.

Biting the inside of his cheek, Trezac glanced back to the moonlight landscape. Maybe it would've been better to wait till they all could come to the temple, because now he wasn't sure if he wanted to enter alone. Taking a deep breath, Trezac did his best to let go of his feeling about the situation. It was too late for that now, he was here, and he had to deal with it.

Stepping inside, he refused to turn around as the doors slowly groaned shut behind him.

-.-

"My, my, Queen already?" Aaravos chuckled as he leaned against the columns beside her throne. "I mean, I knew it was coming, but I didn't think you'd make a move so soon my dear."

Glancing in the direction of the shimmering form, Eleven leaned back in her throne, "Well, I'm not one to waste a golden opportunity when I see it. The boy was about to abdicate anyways, I figured I would just...push it along."

The Startouch elf chuckled, "I can see. And no doubt your reign will be a long and prosperous one. I look forwards to conquering Xadia with you."

"As do I," Eleven grinned. "I for one, can't wait to raze their armies to the ground. Of course, there is one problem I need to deal with before that."