Troubled Waters

Chapter 22

A/N: Hello, I'm back. Good to see y'all again. Remember, Trezac belongs to Gabeherdon308, and I'm just the story writer for his idea. And neither of us owns the Dragon Prince.

"We found the perfect Captain!" Ezran exclaimed running over and pulling Zym into his bag as his brother grabbed Rayla and yanked her to her feet.

Coming out of their hiding spot, Rayla pulled the hood of the cloak lower over her head. "Oh don't worry," Callum waved, "that's not gonna be a problem with this guy."

"What is he some kind of enlightened human who can see the good in elves?" Rayla deadpanned.

"I'm not sure he can see the good in anyone really," Callum considered. "But that's what makes him so uniquely qualified. We're back!"

A man at the end of the dock slowly began to turn around, Trezac raised a brow as he noticed the eyepatch over his eye. Were the boys just planning on having Rayla stick to his blind spot the entire trip? The man turned to face them and Trezac's jaw dropped. There was an eyepatch on his other eye. The man had two eyepatches for two eyes. This man, who would be commanding the ship they would be in could not see karabast!

"Greetings!" the Captain grinned. "The name's Captain Villads, the D is silent."

"There's a D?" Rayla asked.

"Arr!"

"Wait, there's a silent R?"

"Narr!"

"Oh, so it's just a silent D then?"

"Aye!"

"Ah, so there's a—"

Callum cleared his throat, cutting off the ongoing conversation of confusion. "These are our regular human friends Rayla and Trezac."

"Spelled like it sounds," Rayla smiled.

"And their cute, unusual dogs, Zym, Agir, and Bait."

"Ahoy, Rayla. Ahoy, Trezac. Ahoy, doggos!" Captain Villads waved in their general direction. "This is my first mate, Berto!"

"I'm a parrot!" the bird on his shoulder squawked.

"The bird talked," Trezac whispered in shock. Since when could birds talk?!

"Me ship's this way!" Villads jumped, walking through the group of teens. "Welcome to me water home, The Ruthless!" They looked at the ship he waved to and Trezac and Rayla shared a look. How on Xadia, could a blind man, control a ship that big alone?! "Named after me dear wife, Ruth, who sadly," he sniffed, "don't enjoy sailing."

"So you said if the wind's on our side we could make it across the bay pretty quickly?" Callum inquired.

"Aye! Course, there's a storm comin'."

"A storm? That could be interesting."

"So we have to delay departing for a few days."

"Uh, we're on a tight schedule," Rayla spoke up. "Isn't there anything we can do?"

"Hmm, I suppose if we leave right now, we could race across the bay and beat the storm."

"Yes, let's do that."

"No problem! Unless the storm catches us mid-bay and kills us all!" Villads laughed.

Trezac exhaled, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "I'm gonna die, surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy."

-.-

Ezran leaned over the railing with Zym, Agir and Bait as the ship cut through the waves, cheering as dolphins leapt up from the water, spraying sea foam up towards them. On the upper deck, Trezac sat with Callum, making sure none of them fell in as Captain Villads pulled on various ropes.