Pain of the Past

Chapter 24

A/N: hey guys, welcome back. So, I'm sure y'all noticed that I skimmed over the two episodes where Viren was telling the story to Queen Aanya, but that was due to the fact that I didn't have much material to work with unless I wanted to do flashbacks into Trezac's past (maybe I will maybe I won't we'll see). So yeah, I just decided to skim over them.

Also, I recently finished my primary concept art of Eleven. It and other concept art for this and my other stories on my DeviantArt: MoonviewRising.

Anyways, hope I can meet y'all expectations for this chapter, I'll admit, I had a difficult time writing this one. My muse kinda ran away with me on the last one and then blatantly decided right here was a good time to run off.

So, as usual, I'm just the writer, Gabeherdon308 owns Trezac and Mandalore the Survivor owns the Mandaloian survivors.

Claudia stood warily at the sidelines watching as the elf tried to get the dragon up. While she didn't want the dragon to leave, she needed the elf alive. She was more important than the beast. She could lead them to Ezran and the Dragon Prince. They had Callum, and now they just needed to reason with Trezac and calm him down.

Glancing away from the elf, she watched as Trezac practically fell off the dragon, landing on his hands and knees; all of his usual grace gone. Even from where she stood she could see his body shaking.

Something was wrong.

She glared at the elf standing beside him trying to move the dragon. She was likely the culprit for her friend's plight. Looking to her brother, she nodded. Right now, Trezac clearly wasn't paying attention, and they needed that elf. Then this whole problem would be over.

Soren smirked at her, twirling his blade nonchalantly as he strode by his knights and towards the elf and Trezac. The boy was looking towards Soren, and Claudia patted herself, trying to find something she could use to stop him if he tried fighting again.

What she didn't expect was the pain and rage filled scream that blasted her off her feet.

The air left her lungs as she slammed into a tree, and she could hear the guards screaming over the metal of their armor and weapons bending unnaturally. But one thing she heard clearly over the pandemonium was a distinct snap. Claudia was a dark magic practitioner; she'd done it enough to recognize the sound. Someone had broken their bones, severely.

But that could wait. Right now, they needed to finish their mission.

More screams pierced the air as she heard the sound of Trezac's strange swords moving. Scrambling to her feet, the dark mage froze where she stood.

Trezac had stabbed one of the guards, his burning blade cutting clean through the man, armor and all, coming out the other side. She could smell the flesh burning. Ripping the blade out his other blade sliced another man's hands off. Before swinging his blades and cleaving the two men charging him from the side in half. And they were still screaming when they hit the ground. Arrows flew his way and he swung his arm, causing the projectiles to change course and fly into several more men before he ducked under and incoming spear and sliced it in half.

Glancing around, she saw that the remaining men definitely were more wary to try to attack. They were clearly out of their depth. Sunforged blades were dangerous, especially when in the hands of someone who knew how to use them.

Screw finishing the mission, they needed to get out of here now.

A familiar battle cry caused her eyes to widen in horror. Soren, was charging right towards Trezac, sword drawn. "SOREN!"