2012

2012           New York City

Astrid Anderson stared at her mothers corpse. The woman's eyes had clouded over in a milky white. Blood soaked over the a badge with a  S.H.I.E.L.D. insignia, her broken hands stiff, and skin a cold grey. The horrific Image pernemently burnt into Astrids mind. She had no tears left to cry. 

 It's been hours since they were trapped underneath the collapsed S.H.E.I.L.D building and her mother crushed by the weight of the debris.  Cinder blocks and wood pressed at Astrid in all angles leaving her in an infantile position. She was crouched in a small ball, hands tucked behind her neck, slowly suffocating. 

Luminescent, purple liquid from a strange container had oozed all over Astrids body the when the explosion happened. As the glass and debris cut through her skin, the liquid seeped into her body. The burning sensation caused her to let out a violent scream. It merged with her DNA. The foreign liquid was the only thing keeping her alive-though she didn't know it yet. 

Astrid wasn't supposed to be there when it happened. She snuck in the car and followed her mother inside the facility and no one noticed. All she wanted to do was skip school like a normal little girl. She had no clue that it would end up with her dead mothers arms wrapped around her body beneath tons of destruction. 

No one knew that alien forces would invade that day, causing the deaths of thousands. One of those deaths being Astrids mother. 

"HELP!" Astrid yelled, coughing on the visible particles air. The abnormality sent a chill down her spine. The small frail body of the girl shook violently as she sobs racked through her. All Astrid could feel was fear, and her mothers corpse. 

 Astrid gathered all the energy she could and manifested to be anywhere but the shield facility. She wanted to run but there was no where to go. Astrid could barley move a muscle. With her imaginative mind she pictured her room. The one where her mother would read to her every night, the opposite of the current situation she was in. 

She took a deep breath in, Closed her honey-brown eyes and opened them. The girl exhaled sharply. 

Pink smoke clouded her vision and when it cleared she was astonished. Her jaw unhinged as she gasped. Astrid was no longer under the rubble of the demolished building but now in the comfort of her bedroom. 

She rubbed her eyes in disbelief, waiting to wake up, and see the dead body of her mom again. To feel the purple liquid encase her in the rubble with her dead mother forever. To feel the debris crush her slowly, breaking every bone in her body. Endless possibilities ran through her head. 

Am I dead? 

No. 

Astrid had teleported.

--------

--------

Chaos.

Thats one word to describe the aftermath of half the worlds population being resurrected from the dead. Lack of Food, and lack of supplies had become an endless problem. 

Astrid remembers what it was like. It was almost as if nothing had happened. One day she was studying for an exam for Midtown School of Science and Technology, the next she woke up in a trashed apartment. 

Her father started to become a big time drug trafficker in New York. When anyone wanted a fix, they would go to Mark Anderson. And when Mark Anderson got punished by gangs for lack of supply or money, he would take it out on Astrid. 

Mark was fractured when his wife died. Even as a child Astrid could see that he blamed her for the accident. She blames herself too. They grew distant. He had never resorted to violence but when Astrid came back from the snap, Mark was no longer a fractured person, he was a whole new one without a heart.

...