𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒅

"Whats your type?" Clint ask Astrid, who is currently bleeding all over her apartment. The whole situation seems surreal. If her apartment didn't look like a slaughter house before, it sure does now. Though she has regenerative abilities, her body is struggling to keep up with the amount of blood escaping her body. 

"Mainly woman, maybe 5'7? Blonde-" Astrid says, slurring her words together. She pictures the masked lady at the Christmas party and wishes to see her just one more time. Preferably before she dies. 

"Blood type."  He specifies while being slightly annoyed. 

"Oh. Uhhh A negative." Astrid says unsurely. She hasn't been to a hospital before the accident. 

"Im gonna need to cut open your shirt." Clint warns as he gathers supplies from the first aid kit. Astrids heart stops at the suggestion of the intrusion. 

He will see them. He will see the scars. 

"I can't-" Astrid starts to hyperventilate, "-no."

"Its gonna be alright." Kate grabs ahold of Astrids hand to comfort her. The injured girl tries to move away from the two only to be restrained.

"Kate, Im gonna need you to hold her down if she resist treatment." Clint orders the fellow archer. Kate follows unsurely, but knowing that she wants her friend to be safe and healthy. 

"Please don't!" Astrid croaks, visibly cringing in pain. She begs for them to let her bleed out, to let her die. Anything is better than her secret being revealed. 

"Im sorry Astrid, but If I don't do this, You are going to die." Clint grabs the surgical scissors. "Im not asking for permission." 

He cuts away at the fabric of the sweatshirt to see the enflamed bullet wound, and the many scars that lie around it. One specifically stands out from the others. The word Freak is written in scar tissue across her back. 

"Oh my God." Kate releases a gasp of terror. They both stare at the poor girls back in sadness. Clint particularly in sorrow. Her pale skin is littered in pink and purple scars. Many in different shapes and sizes. So many that the man can't tell what is new and what is old. Now isn't the time to ask questions though. Many things run through Clint's head but the main one is saving Astrid. 

He ignores Astrids protest and pleas, removing the bullet lodged inside of her shoulder blade. Scarlet liquid pours from the wound, dripping down her back. Grabbing a sewing needle and alcohol Clint sterilizes the bullets entry. Astrid screams as the liquid disinfects her injury. The pain causes her to loose consciousness, and she passes out.  

...

The first thing Astrid notices when she wakes up is the sound of Clint and Kate arguing. The second thing she notices is the fact that she is no longer in her shirt but in someone else's. Astrid Presumes the shirt is Clint's, due to the fact that he's the only one that has the suit case. 

The third thing is, that she remembers the terrified aurora when they saw her scars. Her stomach plummets to the ground. Her body starts to become clammy and cold. 

They know. 

Clint looks at Astrid, realizing that she has awoken.The look on his face sends a chill down the girls spine. 

"Kate I need to talk to Astrid." Clint tells the prodigy sitting on the chair.  

"Okay." Kate leans against the door way impatiently.

"Alone." He stares knowingly, even with his recent lack of hearing. 

"But-" She protest but Clint cuts her off.