𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔

"What are you wearing?" Clint takes note of Astrids uniform with the familiar SHIELD insignia on her arm. It's a flexible leather suit that allows movement with a zipper up the chest to her neck. A tactical belt, sits on her waist. Knife sheaths replace the spots where the gun holsters once had been.

"Oh, it was my moms. I thought it would be good for the occasion since I don't really seem to have anything else." Astrid looks down sheepishly. Most of her casual clothes are dirty so she went through her mothers stuff, finding the suit among other strange items. 

"Your mom as a SHIELD agent?" Clint questions, earning a nod from the girl. He can't help but wonder if he knew an agent Anderson.

"Yeah. She passed away in 2012." She mentions casually. The year starts a trickle of fear to form inside of him. It was not only the first year Earths mightiest hero's  were assembled but the year he was brainwashed by Loki. Guilt still consumes him for the sins he committed under the Gods control. 

"Oh-Im sorry to hear that." Clint gives her a look of sympathy. He had lost many friends that day, but of course it is different than a child loosing a parent. 

"Yeah. Want to tell us what we're doing here?" Astrid turns the conversation over to something a little less morbid. The topic of her mother disturbs her, especially since she was there when she died. 

"Something very important to me is inside that apartment. It was stolen from a black market auction. I need it back." The Avenger informs as he focuses on the tracking signal he has on the object, his wife's object. 

"No lights, no movement." Kate sighs, "This is our chance. This would have been easier if we were on a higher rooftop."

"Kate, you always wanna prioritize a quick exit over a quick entrance so when things go sideways, and they usually do, you have an exit strategy. That's why I chose this spot. It's got good sight-lines for all my exits." He comments too Kate. The younger archer, slips away, unnoticed by her peers. 

"Entry should be easy." Astrid observes her surroundings. The building sits directly ahead of them as they sit on the roof. The position allows them to see the apartment clearly. 

 "Think it should take me about three and a half minutes to get in. So, if you see anything out here, just give me a signal." He remarks only to realize that Kate Bishop is gone. 

"Kate? Shit!" swears Astrid as she watches as her friend runs across the street. Cars honk and one comes to an abrupt stop, nearly hitting Kate. 

"I told you you're supposed to be lookout ." Clint tells her through the comm system. Angrily, he sighs and rubs his face. 

"Yeah, but of the three of us, who do you trust up there not to get distracted?" 

 "That's not fair, that your inability to act like a grown-up helps you get your way."  argues Clint as he counters Kates statement. "Plus Astrid would have been in charge." He adds on. 

"Im older than her!" She takes offense to the man.

"It is what it is Kate. Im second in command." Astrid smirks cockily.  

Clint gives her a disapproving look, "Don't make me take it back." He continues to attempt to aid Kate at breaking into the apartment, "I need you to use your grappling hook arrow to anchor yourself in. Propel down the side of the building to the window. If it's locked, break in quietly."

"Yeah, love all of that. Great plan, just a slight tweak though."Kate declares his flawed plan encounters an old man. The elder struggles to hold many groceries and Kate offers to help, "Good evening, sir. Can I help you with your bags?"