𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆𝒔

Astrid wishes she could have good dreams, or even the ones that don't make sense. She wishes that she could be dancing with the masked lady, being in her arms once again, but instead she is caught in her fathers web of violence. 

"Its your fault." Mark growls as he picks up the crowbar. Little Astrid tries to run away but never seems to move. It's like her feet are stuck to the floor. 

"Your a freak."

"You killed her, your own mother!"

"PLEASE STOP!" she begs. Tears violently streaming down her face. He raises the crowbar high in the air, and swings it at her. The metal cracks violently against Astrids Shins. Mark repeats the motions over again till all Astrid see's is crimson red. 

"Wake up!" Clint shakes the girl awake. Astrids honey eyes open and she lets out a gasp of air.

"You alright?" He ask and Astrid nods. Clint recognizes her tired eyes, the fear written on her face. 

"What are you doing here?" Yawns Astrid  "I thought you left?" 

"Change of plans." Clint turns the Television on in front of Astrid and Kate. 

"A major NYPD investigation is underway. New York socialite Armand Ducane was found dead in his home last night. Witnesses saw two mysterious figures leaving the scene. The description matches the masked assailant from last night's auction robbery and Astrid Anderson. These two events have officials wondering if indeed, the Ronin has returned to New York City with a partner, if he may be responsible for Armand Ducane's death, and what they may do next."

"Oh, my God. Wait. Wait, they think I... They think I'm that... vigilante?"

"THEY THINK MURDERED HIM?" Astrid screams as her head begins to spin. Her chest heaves back in forth but it feels like she can't breathe. She is not just a suspect of thievery but one of murder.

 Mark is gonna kill me. 

"It's been less than 24 hours, you two been on the news twice. Impressive. Told you that suit was bad news."  Clint  looks towards Astrid. "And you-we gotta get your name cleared." 

No shit.

"Clint, I gotta go." Kate stumbles picking up her stuff. 

"Uh, no, no, no. That is, uh, the last thing you need to do, actually." 

"Let's not forget the that the tracksuit gang has tried to kill us TWICE and Im WANTED." Astrid agrees with Clint. Going out is not a smart move right now but Kate seems to ignore the facts. 

" I'm going to find this suit, and until I do, you two are gonna stay put." He orders, "Especially you Astrid. You are wanted for arrest."

 "It's not safe Kate." Astrid tells her friend. 

"Not showing up at work is not safe. My mom is already high strung. Surprised she hasn't called me already."

 "Just stay put, please." Clint nearly begs. 

"Look, if I stay put, she's just gonna come and find me, anyway. She owns a security company. It's literally the safest place I can go." Kate reasons. 

"Yeah, no. You're just not gonna listen to me, are you?" He concludes. 

 "I want to, but no." 

 "Go get changed. You look silly." He looks at her outfit in distaste. 

"So Im guessing this is goodbye for real?" Astrid mumbles, almost hoping for him to reply with 'no' but he nods.

"Yeah." He takes out a piece of paper and hands it to her. "This is my number. Emergencies only. Got it? If the cops find you, call me." 

Astrid nods. Her mind battles whether to give hime a hug or not but she finally gives in. She wraps her arms around Clint and buries her head into his chest. It feels comforting to be so close to him, it feels almost safe which is something she hasn't felt in a long time. 

"Goodbye." She whispers. 

The group separates leaving Astrid alone to her apartment. 

....

It's  been hours without contact from Kate or Clint and Astrid is starting to get worried. No text or call. Her stomach twist at the thought of either of them getting hurt. 

What if the tracksuit mafia got them? 

She strikes down the thought immediately but then she gets the text.

Robin Hood 

(Kate Bishop)

CLINTS BEEN CAPTURED
MEET ME ASAP

"Fuck."