𝑹a𝒈e

Astrid Awakes abruptly to the sound of metal pans clashing together and the smell of food. Specifically, the wonderful dish, mac and cheese. The strange awakening causes a spike of fear to arise within her. She uses her senses or what her friend likes to call her "tingle"  to identify who the intruder is. The result comes back as blank. It is not someone who the girl recognizes.

It's not Kate, it's not Clint, and it's certainly not her father.  

Astrid grabs the knife that she previously threw across the room and tip toes to the door. Her heart pounds in her chest. She silently opens it to see a figure standing in her kitchen. Astrid throws the blade at the intruder but they catch it with ease. 

A stunning blonde woman whips her head around. It's the Black Widow assassin. 

Astrids stomach drops, confused by the woman's friendly smile. 

It's a pretty smile, Astrid notes, but now is not the time to be distracted. This woman has broken into her apartment for a reason. 

"Hi." The intruder stretches out the word with cheer, putting the blade, Astrid had attacked her with on the counter. The woman brings a pot of food off of the stove to the table. "I made macaroni if you want some."

"What in the fuckity flying fuck?" Astrid pinches herself to make sure this isn't some bizarre fever dream. One of those reasons being that there was a beautiful woman standing in her kitchen, but the beautiful woman being an assassin as well. 

"Well, I was starving and you looked so cute sleeping. I didn't want to wake you." She says with a thick, Russian accent, brushing past the part that she was watching her sleep. 

"Thats totally not creepy." Astrid says sarcastically as she rest her back along the wall. She keeps her distance from the assassin, surveilling the room for any other threats. "Mind telling me what you're doing here?" 

"Relax, Красо́тка. I just want to talk, okay?" The woman plops down in the kitchen chair before saying, "Sit, sit." 

Relax? Theres a very attractive assassin in my apartment that can kill me at any moment. No thanks. 

"Are you really not hungry? That fight was so long." The assassin drawls out the last word dramatically in a childish tone. 

Astrid stomach grumbles, "No."

"Ha. That was a lie." She chuckles at her dryly, "You are very bad at lying too."  Astrids cheeks flush as the woman smirks at her. 

"Listen here, as much as I would like to have dinner with a beautiful woman, you tried to kill me, and then broke into my apartment." The girl exclaims, "I don't even know your name."

"My name is Yelena-" The assassin gasp in offense, "-and I did not try to kill you. I just removed an obstacle." 

"-By trying to kill me."

"You see, now you're just trying to be difficult." 

"You broke into my house!" Astrid counters, flailing her arms in the air. 

"I did not break anything."  The assassin defends herself, "Stop being so defensive, Красо́тка." 

Astrid glares at her earning another laugh from her. 

"Your so aggressive." Yelena takes a spoonful of the macaroni, "I am not going to kill you."

"Yeah, you would have done it already, with your freaky ninja skills. " Astrid concurs. 

"Right, when you were sleeping." Yelena says, "There would have been no struggle. It would have been a very easy kill."

Astrids mouth gapes in offense, "Thats a bit harsh."