𝑪𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔

Yelena informed Astrid about the Christmas Party and that the event was formal attire. Yelena lent Astrid a Black coat with fur trim to hide her mothers old shield uniform underneath. Like Astrid, Yelena wore a similar coat but in emerald green. 

"Are you sure you can do this?" Yelena ask Astrid, "They are your friends after all." Guilt pricks at Astrid. She was betraying Kate by doing this. Kate. The same girl that saved her life all those years ago and made her feel significant.The same girl she had grown to love as family. 

"Im fine." She lies. Guilt is tearing her apart apart from the inside and out.

Through the sea of people Astrid Recognizes a haunting face, her father. What the hell is he doing here?  She keeps her head down in hopes that she will go un noticed. 

Kate walks toward the pair in a suit and stares at Astrid in confusion. Her eyes move toward the assassin. 

"So, I know you're chummy with my mom, I didn't think you'd make the cut for the Christmas party." The archer pipes up. 

"Kate Bishop. I'm not here to ruin anything. We are just going to kill Barton, have some appetizers, and then I'll go." 

"Who's we?"Kate ask and looks at her friend, "Astrid are you with her ?"

She turns away from Kate, not even able to look her in the eyes. Shame pulls at her heart strings. 

"Well then" Her voice cracks under the feeling of betrayal "I hope you enjoy the bruschetta, 'cause it looks like you already lost him."

"He's in the elevator." Yelena states in a monotone voice.

"Yeah, what, out of 65 floors, you think you're just gonna magically guess which one he's on?"

"I could Teleport to each one and find out." Astrid challenges but the elevator dings. Yelena looks towards the number and reads allowed. 

 "No need, he's on the Twelfth floor." 

"Damn it." Kate huffs.

"Stick with me. You can't fight him alone." She brushes a piece of hair behind Astrids face before they walk into the elevator. 

"Kate stay. No. -Ah."  The doors of the elevator encase the trio. Tension arises and two out of the three prepare for a fight. Kate makes the first move and slaps Yelena in the face and the sound echos in the silence. 

"What was that?"

"You stole my best friend."

"I didn't steal anything." 

"Why don't we all just calm down-" Astrid says before chaos breaks loose. Yelena and Kate are at each others throats. The assassin grabs Kates jacket, and reveals her new uniform. 

"Wait, Did you plan that?" Yelena ask her. 

"Yes"

Astrid raises an eyebrow.

"No." Kate sighs. The elevator  comes to a stop and the door opens.

Astrid looks at Kate, "We can still be friends after this right?"

"Depends on how hard you hit me."

"What are we doin'? I mean, it's Christmas Eve. Let's grab some drinks, huh?" Kate lightens the mood. 

"You and Astrid can even find some mistletoe and play some rock, paper, si-"

"Kate!" Astrids scolds and her cheeks flush with scarlet. 

"Lets just have a girls night!" Kate nods enthusiastically as she dodges another hit. The assassin pauses and pulls her punches for the moment. 

"Sure."