𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔

"You're... You're Hawkeye!" Kate gapes at her idol standing in front of her, face to face.  

"Who the hell are you?" Clint questions the girl wearing the Ronin suit. 

"I'm Kate Bishop. Thats Astrid." She points to Astrid resting on the ground, her head on her knees. The young girls head is still fuzzy from the attack of the mob members. Her body shakes in repulsion in remembrance of the man that groped her. 

" You're a kid-"Clint gasp, eyes widening "and you're a baby?!" 

 Astrid scrunches face in distaste of the mans insult. Her eighteenth birthday is in six months. She may be young but she is no where near being a baby. 

"My God." Clint says in disbelief. A couple of kids found his suit and now they are all in deep shit. It's a complete disaster. On Winter break no less. Clint's suppose to be home with his kids but here he is with a couple of strays. 

"Im seventeen asshole!" Astrid hisses in pain, "Almost eighteen." 

"My bad I meant fetus.

"Are you okay?! I saw what they did. Im so sorr-" Kate grabs  Astrid in a protective, hug causing her to wheeze in pain.

"I will live."

Sadly

"How did you get the suit?" Clint is quick to the point. Sirens sound in the background. "Listen, I gotta get you girls out of here? Can you walk?" He gestures towards Astrid. She replies with a nod. "Its not safe for you to be in the mess, do you live near?" He ask both of them.

"Yeah I live just-"

"Good. Let's go." He doesn't wait for Kate to finish the sentence as the sirens grow closer. 

"I saw a dead body." Kate says aloud.

"We will talk about it later." He huffs through his nose.  

The group walks together, cutting through alleys to get to Kates apartment. 

 Kate points to her home as they walk inside, "This way."

"Where did you learn how to fight?" Clint ask Astrid. 

"Got mugged a lot so I had to adapt, Kate taught me the rest."  Astrid shrugs and cringes inwardly as she remembers being beat up and assaulted on the streets when she was a child. 

"I learned Martial arts when I was five." Kate attempts to impress the Avenger with her skills. 

"Wow. So, like, a year ago?" He replies sarcastically. Astrid lets out a laugh earning a glare from her friend. Clint looks around the apartment, to make sure that they are not being followed.

"Are... Are you assessing threats? Is that what you're doing?" Kate fangirls as she watches Clint, causing Astrid to role her eyes. She begins to tune out Kates questions till they get the apartment. As they open the door they are greeted by the dog Kate saved earlier. 

"Now give me the suit so I can get going?" He says grumpily as he ask the girl in the ronin costume. 

"Yeah sure."

"Where did you even get the suit?" ask Clint curiously. He thought is was destroyed along with many other items at the avengers compound. 

"Black market auction." 

"She stole it." Astrid butts in, rephrasing what Kate had told her earlier, before they had run into Armands dead body. 

"And what did you do with the suit?"