𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐒

(TW! Mentions of suicide, overdose.)

        STANDING AROUND IN THE BASEMENT of Bruce Wayne's safe house is something Phoebe wouldn't have thought she would be doing a week before. The past few days hadn't been kind to her, but she was happy to at least have Dick on her side. 

        Trying to log into Bruce's computer, Dick sighed at the fact he forgot the password. Jason smirked as Dick turned his head, pursing his lips. "You mind?" 

        "Sure thing," Jason replied, pushing past Phoebe to get to the computer. Dick leaned back in the office chair and Jason leaned over the desk, typing in Bruce's password. Dick quickly exchanged looks with Phoebe, raising an eyebrow. Phoebe just simply shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms. "Boom," Jason emphasized, as the computer unlocked. 

        Phoebe leaned over the computer on the other side of Dick, wanting to see what he was doing. Quickly, Dick typed into the search input Atlas the Strongman. Pressing enter, pictures of a very tall man who seemed to be in the circus with Dick popped up on screen. Many of them were goofy pictures of him flexing, causing Dick to let out a small giggle. 

        Phoebe smiled at the fact that Dick was laughing. He had a lot of stress on his mind, and seeing him happy made Phoebe happy. Documents and pictures continued to show up as Dick observed them. "Phone bill paid last month, utilities on, looks like he's still alive." 

         Phoebe pointed to the number on the screen. "There's his phone number." 

        Dick nodded, quickly pulling out his phone from his pocket before dialing the number. Holding the phone up to his ear, Dick sighed as the phone went to voicemail. Dick hung up before he could leave a voicemail. Turning to Phoebe, Dick continued to speak. "Milwaukee's only an hour and a half from here." Dick pointed to the address on the screen, standing up. "I gotta go make sure he's safe."

         Jason's face lit up in excitement. "We're going on a road trip. Excellent." 

        Phoebe stood up straight, crossing her arms. "Sorry kid, just me and Pheebs." Phoebe could see the disappointment in Jason's face as Dick said that. "Look, I appreciate you bringing this to me. I really do. But, there's no reason for you to come. This is personal. Phoebe understands my past and is good backup. You're Bruce's Robin, not mine." 

        "No," Jason cut Dick off, his face as hard as stone. "I'm my Robin."

         "We don't need your help."