𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄

𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄

        STANDING AROUND as a group in the safe house dining room, Phoebe was exhausted. She had barely slept in days, although she couldn't complain because no one else had either. Kory had caught up Phoebe and Dick on what she and Adamson had talked about and what he said said about Rachel, giving Rachel an idea. 

        "I need to talk to him," Rachel bargained, leaning over the table. Gar stood next to the girl, crossing his arms. "Alone."

        Pacing back and forth, Dick replied to Rachel's request. "Don't think that's a good idea." 

       Phoebe sat on the edge of the table next to Kory, her eyes shifting between Dick and Rachel as they bickered. 

        "Why? 'Cause I can't take care of myself?" Rachel sighed, eager to talk to Adamson. 

        Butting in, Phoebe's voice was drowsy and low. "Rach, that's not the point-"

        "I need to find out who he is," Rachel carried on, "Why he's chasing me." 

        Dick groaned and crossed his arms. "I don't trust him." 

        Taking Rachel's side, Kory shrugged her shoulders. "What's not to trust? The man's tied up. One word from Rachel, and I'll walk in and put my foot through his face."

        Swinging herself off of the table, Phoebe turned to Dick. "Come on, Dick. It's not like he's going to do anything, there's five of us here." 

        Dick bit his tongue down, turning to Rachel who was giving him sad puppy dog eyes. "Dick, please." 

        Dick slightly dropped his head, giving in. Looking back in, he looked Rachel straight in the eyes. "Five minutes." 

        Giving him a small smile, Rachel stood up straight. "Thank you." Turning away from the group, Rachel walked towards the bathroom to talk to Adamson.

☺︎︎ ☺︎︎ ☺︎︎

        Talking to Adamson was something Phoebe was disliking. The man made the girl feel very uncomfortable. Blood stained the tile floor in the glass shower that Adamson was locked in. Crossing his arms, Dick raised an eyebrow. "What the fuck happened in here?"