𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐈'𝐌 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

        𝐈'𝐌 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

         PHOEBE AND DICK were sent the locations to some abandoned chemical facility. In their uniforms once again, the two stuck close to each other as they tip-toed inside. It was almost pitch black, the only light being the gleam of the moonlight from the sky coming through the windows.  

        Walking down a staircase, Phoebe and Dick were met with Clay, who was tied up off of the ground, hanging from the ceiling. Up above Clay's head was an acid, which looked like could fall  and burn the man any second. Phoebe widened her eyes at Dick before walking closer to Clay. 

        Acid started to drip inches away from Clay's body, making him jump. "That's close enough, Robin and Shadow." A voice rang out from above, making the two stop where they were. 

        Looking up, a man stood on a grated platform with a mask covering half of his face. Phoebe squinted her eyes, making sure she was seeing that half of his face was covered and it wasn't her imagination. The Melting Man

        Looking back at Clay, Dick spoke up. "I'm the one you're looking for. Let Clay go." 

        Clay gasped at the realization that Robin was Dick and his friend that he had seen earlier was Phoebe. "Dick?" 

        Looking at Phoebe, Dick took a deep breath. "You're gonna be okay, Clay." 

        "No, he isn't." The Melting Man spoke up from above. "He's going to die. So are you two. You should thank me, death is better." 

        "Then why aren't you dead?" Phoebe crossed her arms, replying to the Melting Man's comment about death being better.

        Thinking of a response, the Melting Man took a moment to respond. "I don't answer stupid questions." 

        "What happened to you?" Dick interrogated, pursing his lips. 

        "You did. The feds told me what happened. Robin hijacked my father's transport and offered him up to the Maronis. After your little meltdown in the fed' office, it wasn't hard to link you to Robin."

         "I didn't know the Maronis would be there," Dick quickly backed himself up. 

        The Melting Man laughed. "No, you wanted to do the honors. Either way, it seems I have to thank you for what followed." Putting his hand on the lever that released the acid, the Melting Man smiled. "Seems your little act of revenge had consequences. After my father was killed, the deal was off. No more federal protection. So, the Maronis came after my mother." His voice started to shake in fear as he looked down upon Phoebe and Dick. "And my sister, and my fiance. They all melted. They tried to melt me, too."