𝟐𝟔 | 𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐬.

"I can't believe they've brung everyone back to HQ this soon

"I can't believe they've brung everyone back to HQ this soon. It's barely been a day." A deep yawn escaped your lips as you stretched your arms.

"I can believe it. This is right on brand for them." Colt rubbed at his eyes, still trying to get the sleep out of them. "Falco and the other kids had to come even earlier. They're back to training."

It was a bright and chilly morning in the city of Liberio. Most people were still tucked away in their beds, but for the Warriors, rest was for the dead. The HQ was busy and bustling with soldiers as you strolled past HQ's gates and into the open courtyard, filled with sweaty kids in the middle of their exercises.

You spotted Falco eagerly stretching out his legs on the ground, a hard look on his face as he did so. Both you and Colt took a turn at playfully ruffling up his hair as you passed by to which he shot you both a quick smile. Then he was right back to looking stone faced and determined. He looked like he was ready to take the whole world on at 7 in the morning.

You didn't know how any of them had the energy to get up and go straight to working out. Hell, you could barely remember how you did it.

"Falco seems chipper than usual." You noted aloud, leading the way towards the tall building holding the Warrior Unit's offices.

"You should've seen the way he ran out the house." Colt chuckled lowly as he moved ahead of you, "Would've thought a fire was under his ass."

You laughed with him as he held the door open for you, letting you slide past him. He was about to walk in after you when a very loud, yawning Porco rudely moved past him.

"Such a gentleman." Porco smiled cheekily, slapping Colt on the shoulder in thanks.

"Morning, Galliard." Colt returned Porco's smile to his face but as soon as Porco turned around, Colt silently screamed in pain as he held his shoulder.

That smile grew even bigger on Porco's face when he sauntered past you, winking as he greeted, "Morning, doll face."

"Good morning, Pork-o." You smiled sweetly before suddenly dropping the fake bit. You climbed the stairs behind him with a somber face.