CHAPTER 5:The Night

3rd person POV:

"Maya, baby? You can go first, I just have to talk to Natasha." Maria said to her sister while wrapping her arms around Maya's should slightly pushing her to go downstairs.

"Oh, okay..uhm bye, Miss Romanoff." Maya waved slightly, flashing them a smile.

"What was that?" Maria said as soon as Maya is out of their sight.

"What?" Natasha ask her friend.

"I saw how you look at Maya." Maria said stepping outside her room folding her arms with Natasha copying her movements.

"What? I mean, you didn't tell me your little sister got some looks, im just surprised." Natasha said with a smirk, teasing Maria as this is the second time she see Maria so protective like this. Maria just groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Just- don't do something. Now, come on, Maya is probably waiting for us." Maria said and started to make her way downstairs with Natasha following her.

"You want a drink?" Maria ask Natasha as soon as they step outside their backyard.

"Yeah, the usual." Natasha said as she look around for a raven haired girl.

She doesn't know why, but she wants Maya to be around her.

"Okay, I'll be back." With that Natasha was left alone as she laid her eyes on Maya.

There she is, with her parents, as they introduce Maya to their business friends.

Natasha can't help but notice how shy Maya is, she keeps herself behind her parents whenever they would introduce her to people. She noticed how Maya's smile can brighten up the whole room.

The smile she wears as she watch Maya's movement quickly wear off as she realized what she's doing.

No, she can't feel this way, what even is this?

Maya's POV:

As my parents introduce me to their friends, I can feel someone's eyes burning holes to my head. So I look around and saw Miss. Romanoff, and as soon as I lock my eyes with her I smile and wave, which she only returned with a small smile and a nod.

After a few minutes, I heard my name being called. I turned to look at the direction and see my sister calling me with Miss. Romanoff beside her. I excuse myself and go over to them.

"Okay, you guys have met already. Let's get to the business. So Maya, care to explain to natasha here what your project is." Maria ask her little sister as soon as Maya stand infront of them.

"Oh sure, okay, so uhm, I just need to interview someone who is successful business person, the interview will just be about how you do the work, what kind of motivation you had, just like a normal interview." I said with a smile.

"Oh wait, so you're not gonna be my intern?" Asked by Natasha, which confused me, a lot.

"No Miss Romanoff, it's just an interview." I said.

"Oh, I thought you're one of the students that will be our intern." Natasha said which confuses me more.

"Wait, you guys just continue, im being called, I'll be right back." Maria said quickly as she give Natasha a look that I don't understand, and left.

"May I ask what that is about? The intern one that you're talking about, I mean." I ask Natasha getting back to our conversation.

"Our company, and the other companies are actually picking college schools here in L.A and there's gonna be a list of students that we will be taking to New York. It's more likely, we're gonna teach the students to learn more about getting a job and being in a job. Didn't your teachers told you that?" She said with a raise of an eyebrow.

She talks so straight as a line, and she keeps a straight face while talking, which is kind of intimidating.

"Uhmm, I think I just didn't see it, I'll check later if my advisor emailed me. Thank you for that information, Miss Romanoff." I said with a smile while she just kept a straight face nod.

"So, when do we start this interview thing?" She said.

"Oh, uhm, maybe this week? It's on you miss, whenever you're free." I said.

"Just call me Natasha, Miss Romanoff seems too formal." She said and I nod with a smile.

We fell into a comfortable silence, me looking around and just observing the people having fun.

Natasha's POV:

I look at the girl infront of me, she has a smile on her face that I think she always wear.

Her aura is so peaceful. Her look is so innocent, but fragile at the same time.

I don't know why, but I just had this urge and feelings that i i want to protect her at all cost, keep her in my arms and don't let anybody hurt her.

She talks so soft too, and the way she calls me Miss Romanoff, is doing something to me. It stirs something in my lower stomach and I know that im being turned on by it, so i just told her to call me Natasha instead as I don't want to think of someone like in a sexual way-

Wait. Something weird is really happening to me. I don't usually care when i think sexually of someone, innocent or not, if I want that them I will take them to bed immediately.

I don't like this feeling. It's so foreign to me, but it feels great at the same time.