CHAPTER 20:Amusement Park

Maya's POV:

"Where is she going?" I ask Wanda.

"Don't worry about her, now, how are you? Are you sure you're fine? I'm really sorry im too late in action, I would've helped you sooner if im not slow." She said looking at me holding my hand.

"No, no, it's okay, if it's not for you, something worse might have happened. Now that you mentioned that, what are you doing there that night? How did you find me and Carol?" I ask and I watch her contemplate it if she should tell.

"Well, Natasha told me to watch over you because you're on my watch, then last night when you told me where you are going, I told her and she said to follow you and that's what I did." She explained shrugging at the end.

I am lost in my own thoughts. Why does Natasha care for me that much? I mean, Yes, she and my sister has a deal to always check on me in the meantime, but, that's too much care.

Why is she kind to me and mad at me the same time?

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Wanda ask bringing me back to reality.

"Hm?-Yeah, yeah, just thinking of something." I said and send her a smile.

We just talk and talk while we wait for Natasha. And I took a mental note to thank Natasha again.

Wanda really do make me feel safe but not like how Natasha makes me feel safe, but Wanda makes me feel comfortable, like I can say anything and she won't be mad at me quickly, unlike Natasha.

After about 30 minutes, the door to the office opened, revealing a much more calm Natasha than earlier. But as i scan her, i notice her knuckles has some blood?

"Hey are you okay?" I said as I stand up with Wanda following my action.

I stumbled a bit as my vision blurred slightly, I need my glasses, thank god Wanda caught me in time.

"Easy there." She said as Natasha eyes me with worry in her eyes as she make her way on her chair.

"Wanda, make sure that all the employees are doing their job, im gonna leave you incharge here, and take Carol out on all of our list, she's not working here anymore." Natasha explained and Wanda said something I couldn't catch.

Wanda and Natasha keep up on whatever conversation they have as Wanda walk towards Natasha, maybe to have a clear conversations, while im left alone in the couch looking at the ground as I tried to balance myself because I feel my body giving up as my knees becoming weak.

I look everywhere until my blurry eyes landed on the two red head, who is already looking at me, they're mouth is moving but I can't hear any words, then Wanda slowly walk towards me holding out her hands.

It feels like last night, and I don't like it.

The last thing I heard was a curse word, then my vision turned black as I feel my body fell on the ground.

Natasha's POV:

"Shit!" I exclaimed as I watched Maya's body fell hard on the floor.

Wanda and I run quickly to her limp body calling out her name. I checked her pulse in wrist and neck when we get to her.

"Call an ambulance, faster." I said as I take Maya in my arms and lay her down on the couch.

"Hey, hey, Maya open your eyes, love. Shit." I said shaking her lightly as my heart ran through miles.

"WANDA! FASTER!" I yelled which for sure caught the attention of my workers.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay." I said more like convincing myself.

After some minutes, Wanda came running with paramedics behind her. They quickly check Maya, and told us that they need to do it here already. They did what they need to do, while me and Wanda anxiously wait. I look at Wanda, and I have never seen her worried like this before, to all those years she worked for me and became friends with me, she's never been more worried like this.

"She's been drugged, but don't worry, it's already out in her system, it might still have some side effects, but it will only be a minimal on her because we already gave her something. And please, if she has medicines that she need to take, make her do it already, then it's all fine." The woman explained to us and I sighed in relief, but anger rush through my body as the thought of her being drugged run inside my mind. I just know Carol did that.

After they leave, I quickly go over Maya with Wanda following me, as much as I don't like the way she acts, I know she's just worried like me.

"I'm gonna bring her upstairs, you can manage here, right? Just call me if you need anything." I said as I put Maya in a position where I can carry her easily.

"Yes, ofcourse, and just call me if you need anything too, i'll just bring her bag upstairs, I know her medicines are in there." She said and I frowned.

"How'd you know?" I ask as I carry Maya.

"I always see her take it." She said still looking at Maya.

"Okay, just take it upstairs, I will bring her there now. Thanks Wanda." I said and leave the room and go over to the private elevator, which is the elevator for the penthouse.

When I got there I set Maya on my bed and just took a minute to watch her carefully, after making sure that she's already peaceful, I leave and go to the living room to do some works and call Maria for an update while I wait.

I lost track of time but I see that it's already afternoon, I made my way to the kitchen and cook something for us to eat, I make sure to cook a soup and for Maya. After I finish I go to my room and open the door only to find Maya awake, sitting on the widow, looking at the view, specifically the huge ferris wheel at the amusement park near here.

"Hey..." I started walking towards her, catching her attention.

"Hey...oh, thank you Ms. Romanoff." She said as I sit infront of her.

"For what? And please, just call me Natasha, we're not at work." I said.

"For what you've done." She said softly and smile a little while I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Wanda told me you're the reason why she's there, if weren't for you, something worse might've had happened to me." She said smiling.

"It's nothing, don't worry about." I said and once again, we fell into a comfortable silence, while she gaze at the ferris wheel and I just look at her.

To be honest, she seems sad and lonely. An idea came to my mind.

"Hey, you're already fine, right? Like, super fine?" I ask and she giggled at my choice of words.

"Yes." She said nodding.

"Okay, come with me at the kitchen and let's eat, then drink your medicines, after that get ready and im gonna let you borrow some of my clothes, we're going somewhere." With that I quickly leave to get ready and find her some of my clothes, and left her with no choice.

After we eat, we both get changed and go to the parking lot. I opened the door for her and she shyly went in. While driving, I can feel that she's very curious on where we are going, but I chose to ignore her.

"Why are we here?" She ask as the amusement park came in the view while I park my car.

"Thought you would like to go here, you seem...sad, and it doesn't suit you. Plus I heard you talking to your friend, that you didn't get to come here." I said as we both walk in the entrance, I can feel her gaze on me.

"Wait- really? That was a week ago." She ask confusedly.

"Yeah, now, stop asking questions and let's go." I said and drag her inside.