CHAPTER 18:Taking What's Mine

Natasha's POV:

I wake up in the same position like last night, but this time her face is slightly up, making me have a view of her face.

I can't help but smile looking at her face, gazing at every part of it. My arms are wrapped around her tightly, just as tight of her arms around me. Her body is so soft against mine, the way our body touch it looks like it was meant to be this close forever.

I already called her Maria last night while waiting for Maya and Wanda, and she's very mad, thankfully, she can't fly here right now, or else, she would've kill me, especially Carol.

Speaking of Carol, I have to talk with Wanda and this girl in my arms what happened last night. Plus, her bodyguard and nurse will come here, as Maria said she will just call them and tell them the situation.

So, as much as I want to lay here and hold this angel in my arms, I need to move already.

I gently pry off her arms on mine, making sure to leave a pillow beside her and make it seems like she's still hugging me. I don't want to wake her up she looks so peaceful while she sleep, besides, hangover will gonna attack her soon.

I did my morning routine and dress myself for the day. I make some breakfast for me and Maya, because for sure, she'll be hungry when she wakes up. I made sure to just add a little bit of sugar and sweet ingredients on the food, as she is diabetic.

Just as I finish the foods, I hear my phone ring, I look at it and saw it's the receptionist downstairs.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Good morning, Ms. Romanoff, there's two people here are asking for you. They said they are here for Maya Hill." She said on the other line.

"Okay, just bring them here, thanks." I said and hung up.

After some time I heard a knock on the door and I open it.

"Hi, come in." I said to a man and two woman, who I guess is Maya's bodyguard and nurse.

"Hi, thank you for taking care of Maya, Maria told us what happened." The woman said.

"No, it's no problem." I said and smile a little.

"Im Alex, this is Judy, and this is Robert." The woman, Alex said.

"I'm natasha, Maya's boss. She's here, come." I said and bring them to my room.

"Wait, do you need to wake her up?" I ask them as I don't want Maya to be cut off on her peaceful dream.

"No, don't worry, we just need to check her up, and see if we need to do something." Judy said, while Robert stayed at the living room.

"Okay...can you guys be gentle, please?" I said as they started to take things out in a bag.

"Ofcourse, don't worry." Alex said with a smile.

They started doing things on Maya, they out her in a straight position, and thank god she's still sleeping. Such a heavy sleeper.

"Her blood is low, so we need to put an insulin and diabetic patch on her." Judy said and they take out a with thingy and what looks like they need to poke it in her.

"Will that hurt?" I ask getting close to the bed.

"It will for just a second, but it'd be quick." Alex said and point it on Maya's biceps.

Maya move slightly and frown as a little whine scape her lips. Judy just shush her while brushing her hair with fingers to calm her back to sleeping state. Then they did something to her again. I saw them eyed the hand imprints on her shoulder and wrist, and look at each other, then just go back to work.

"Her heart is beating faster, she's hot too." Alex said.

"Will she be okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, she will. It's all done now, we'll just gonna have to wake her up and take her back at home." Alex said as judy started clearing their things out.

"No, I mean, it's okay, she can stay here, don't worry I will take care of her." I said rather quickly.

"Are you sure? I mean, we're her nurses, plus I don't think Ms. Maria would like the idea of us leaving her her." Alex said unsurely.

"Yeah, don't worry about her, I will just talk to her. Now, you guys can leave." I said in a straight tone and face wanting them to just leave already.

"O-okay."

With that they leave, not before robert gave me his number.

I look at the clock and see it's already 9, so I made my way to my room and sit on the bed beside maya. I gaze at her sleeping face and caress her cheek.

"Hey, Maya, can you wake up for me?" I ask in a softest tone I have ever used.

"Hey...darling, wake up." I said a little bit higher now as she doesn't wakes up, which mow works as she slowly open her eyes.

"Hey good morning, come on, I cooked breakfast." I said helping her sit up.

"Where am I?" She said looking around then clutch her head. Ha, good luck for the headache.

"In my penthouse, now come on." I said and help her stand up.

I saw her legs wobbled as she stand up so I help her walk. We made it to the kitchen, and she still didn't said a word, which is confusing me because she should ask a lot of questions, like, how did she get here. And it's bothering me.

"You know you can talk to me." I said as she take the advil I gave her, she just look down and I sigh deciding to lead the talk.

"Wanda brought you here because she saw you at the bar. You were already asleep when you guys arrived here. I already talked to your sister, and well, she's mad, she said she'll talk to you later, so you better have an explanation. And Alex, Judy, and Robert came her earlier to check on you." I said looking down at her. When I finish she looks at her shoulder and saw the patch thingy, and the she looks at her clothes suspiciously.

"It's mine, and yes I change you, but don't worry, I didn't do anything inappropriate, just thought you will sleep better with much comfortable clothes on." I said and she finally looks up at me.

"Uhmm, t-thank you." She said and look down again with red cheeks.

"Okay, now, eat, before it gets cold." I said and put the plate infront of her.

We both ate in silence, no words are spoken, she's avoiding my eyes while I just look at her.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" I said finally deciding to have a conversation and cut the tension forming.

"I-im fine, thank you, a-and uhm, i-im little dizzy, my wrist and shoulder hurts, my back too." She said look at me and I nod.

Before I say anything she quickly look at the clock and said,

"Oh my god, im late!" She said getting down off the stool and I quickly pull her down back as im just beside her.

"You're not gonna go to work, you're sick, okay? You're gonna stay here...with me, until you're okay." I said sternly looking at my plate but I can feel her eyes on me.

"And you're gonna work in my office from now on." I added looking back at her.

"Okay? But, what about Wanda, I thought I have to stick with her." She ask in confusion.

"Well, from now on, you have to stick with me, like it or not, im your boss." I said then stand up and put my plate on the sink.

I'm sure no one would protest on my decision, im just taking what's mine.