CHAPTER 10:Permission

Maya's POV:

"Oh I remember something. Okay, so I know you will probably not allow me, but I need you to bare with me, it's really important and I can't miss it, so please-" I rambled as I remember the intern list, but I was cut off by the smart donkey.

"Just say it." Maria said and playfully rolled her eyes.

Me, Natasha and Maria, are currently just having a normal conversation, well, it's just them talking about works and stuff I would join occasionally but I just keep silent and listen to them while eating, even though I don't understand a part of what they are talking about.

"So, uhmm, my school gave us the list of the students that will be coming to new work for different companies, and be like their intern thingy." I said as I look at them, and somehow, I saw Natasha's eyes glimmer with interest. Both of them nodded at my words and motion for me to continue.

"And i'm on the list." I finished and I saw Natasha's lips slightly curved up a little.

"Okay so?" Maria ask confusedly.

"Do you not get it?" I ask.

"She's saying that, she's one of those students that will go to new york, dumbass." Natasha said and I lightly giggle.

"Ohhh- no." Maria said so casually.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask sadly, I just said that it's important.

"No. You're not going, AND before you say that mom and dad will say the opposite, trust me, they won't." Maria said and lean back at her chair while folding her arms, looking at me in the eyes.

I sigh in defeat as I lean backwards to the pillow behind my back.

"But I just told you, it's really important. I can't miss it." I said in a low voice as I look down at my hands on my lap.

"Come on, Maria. Just let her, plus this is a one time experience, it's not like something bad will happen to her." I heard Natasha said with a straight voice that made me look up and see her looking at me with a pity look?

"You don't know that, Natasha. Besides, we're working, we can't be by your side at all time. That's new york, Maya. That's out of the country." Maria said in a stern voice.

I know she's just worried, but I can handle myself....well, maybe just a little, but I can just bring a nurse and a bodyguard with me, plus Sarah might be there too. Yeah, she's there, I saw her name last night.

"A bodyguard and one of my nurses can come with me, you know. Plus, Sarah is there too." I tried to reason and look at maria hopefully, with my puppy dog eyes.

"And actually, she's listed on my company... I can keep an eye on her if you want to." Natasha said out of the blue that makes us look at her.

All I see is the consideration and something I don't know in her eyes.

"Yeah, I forgot about that. Yes, im listed on Natasha's company. So pretty pleaseeee." I said looking at at maria.

Maria think about it for a second until I heard her sigh, a sigh that is familiar to me, meaning that she gave in.

"Okay, okay fine, but wait how long is it?" She ask.

"I don't really know, they didn't tell us, but I'll let you know, i promise." I said and smile wildly.

"Okay, but, you should tell that to mom and dad first, okay?" She said sternly and I nodded quickly.

"Good. And if we ever have time, or have something to do in new york, expect us to come to you." She added to which I nodded again.

"Thank you." I said and hug her while planting multiple kisses on her cheeks.

Her phone suddenly rang, causing us to pull away, but not before she plant a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be back, I'll just answer this." She said and leave the room.

I turn to Natasha and quickly hug her as a thank you. I feel her tense but melted and put an arm around me.

"Thank you so so so so much." I said happily.

I really feel safe with her, and more safer now because she's holding me.

"No problem, Maya. We wouldn't want you to miss that, aren't we baby girl?" She said and I can feel the smile at her voice. And somehow, I felt my cheeks heat, but thought nothing of it.

We pull away and look at each other, our face slightly near at one another. I cleared my throat and sit back up to my bed again. While I do that, I can feel her eyes burning holes into my head.

"I can't wait to be in new york." I said and look up at her.

She just gave me a small smile, which is so different from before, and her eyes that once was happy, has now a glint of....sadness?

"Uhm, I forgot, I have to go, I need to do something." She said and quickly pick her things.

"Oh uhm- okay, bye, drive safely-" I said but cut off by her going out and slamming the door shut.

She didn't even let me finish my words, and I think she didn't even listen to me.

What happened?