CHAPTER 16: Drunken Innocence

Maya's POV:

"Here, try this one, it's their special one." Carol said beside me handing me a glass of an alcohol beverage.

She's been giving me a different types of alcohol, as far as I know, I think this is the 6th glass. I just keep accepting it as I don't want her to be mad or anything, and I don't really have a control on my body. I don't know why, but it feels fuzzy, and warm everywhere, everything looks so soft and whenever I touch something, it feels oh so soft.

I drink the alcohol and let the taste of it slip and burn through my throat. I'm still not used to the alcohols that I drink and I still makes faces whenever I drink one.

Then the thought of my parents and sister came to my mind out of nowhere.

"Hey, Carol, whats is the time?" I slurred looking at her and giggle when I saw a two Carol.

"Don't worry princess, it's still early." She said taking a sip on her own glass.

"Okayy, uhmm, can we...can we go somewhere?... I don't like it here." I said as I look around and giggle again when I saw everything and everybody being two.

"Well, sure princess, just take this one and we'll go." She said and gave me a glass.

I let it go through my mouth to my tummy. It's different than the others, it has a weird taste, like the wine she gave me at the restaurant.

I found myself being helped my carol to go to the exit, when we reach the outside, I saw that we're in a alley, why are we here?

"W-where are we, Carol? What are we doing h-here?" I ask slurry as I stumbled in every steps I make.

"Don't worry princess, let me just take care of you." She said and we stop in a very dark spot of the alley, but there's still lights peeking and surrounding us.

Im really getting scared.

"W-what? C-can we go home-" I ask as I tried to take in my surroundings, I should've brought my glasses, I was cut off by Carol pushing me into a wall.

"Shhh, we will. Let's just take a minute." She said as she hover over me, looking at me in the eye with a certain look, while I continue to look around and try to get out of her tight grip.

"I-im getting s-scared, please? Can y-you t-take me home already-" I tried to ask her but she cut me off by placing her lips on my own.

I tried to get off of her grip and pry her off of me, I don't know why she did that, but it's not necessary. Her lips are so hard and her teeth are slightly scraping through my lips.

Her hands are moving all around my body, squeezing every part of it, and I don't like it.

"Hmmgh." I tried to protest with her lips against mine as tears started to brim in my eyes. My whole body is so weak and feels soft.

"Hey!" I heard someone shout and the next thing I know Carol is being pried off of me.

I can't keep my vision straight as everything seems to be doubled and fuzzy, but I catch a red head hair. My knees started to buckle up as I slide down the wall behind my back while tears streams down my face.

I don't know what just happened, but I don't like the way her hands burned in my skin, I don't like the way she touched me, I don't like her lips being put in mine.

"Hey, Maya, you're okay." The red head said cupping my cheeks making me look up at her.

The place is dark and my vision is still the same, so I couldn't make out her face, but I felt more safe with her than Carol, her hands are soft too.

"It's okay, sweetie, im here, come on, let's go my car." She said and helped me stand up.

I wobbled and stumbled as I stand up while looking around trying to find any sign of Carol.

"It's okay, she's not here anymore, darling." I heard the person say once again making me look up at her.

"W-who are you?" I ask looking up at her.

"It's just me sweetie, it's wanda." She said and once we arrive somewhere where lights are more around us, it all finally click in.

"Hey come here,....there you go." She said as she help me sit on the car.

My body feels so weak, I feel my eyes nearly closing. I heard her come to the driver seat making me turn to look at her side and see that she's talking someone on the phone. I can't clearly make out what she's saying because I was slowly loosing my consciousness, but the last thing I heard was,

"Okay, okay, I'll just take her there."

And just like that everything went black.

Natasha's POV:

I was currently in my office working peacefully, well, not really as my mind kept drifting on what Wanda had said about Maya is going out with Carol.

I don't know why, but I feel something's off about Maya going with Carol. That's why I made Wanda to go and follow them and look out for Maya, just like how I ask her to look for her at the first day Maya was here.

My phone started to ring making me look at it, and the second I look at it I saw Wanda's name, that made me answer it quickly as my heart beat fast and my mind run kilometers on what might have had happened.

"Hello? What happened? Where are they?" I ask rather quickly.

"Hey, uhmm, I can't really say it to you right now, but Maya is...kinda drunk..." She said but at the tone of her voice I knew it's not just 'kinda'.

"Where are you now? Is she okay?" I ask standing up.

"Yeah...well...not really, where do you want me to bring her?" She ask.

"Just bring her here, I'll wait for you outside. And Wanda, make sure you bring her here, all safe, alright?" I said sternly.

"Okay, okay, I'll just take her there." She said and hung up.

I run to the elevator and click the 45th floor, which is the last floor, and it's actually my penthouse. Yeah, that's how I prioritize my work.

I quickly made sure that all is clean which it is, thankfully. And then I made my way to outside the company and wait.

Your sister is gonna kill me Maya.