2. Little Achievements

Licht Eralith's POV

Seeing babies crawling for the first time and being happy about it while the elders clap and cheer from behind and experiencing the feeling of being on cloud nine once you accomplished this feat yourself, the sense of success and accomplishment feels different. The feeling of acquiring a four-leaf grimoire couldn't even compare to the feeling of pride swelling in my chest.

Yes, I finally accomplished the infamous baby crawl!

A month had passed ever since I had been reborn into this world and I learned many a thing about myself, my family, the world I reside in and magic! Yes magic and mana. 

Like my previous world, this world is also full of mages which was a kind of giveaway for me with the existence of elves. After all elves are known to be blessed with mana and are much more better compared to other species like dwarves and humans. Dwarves mostly specialize in Earth-based Magic and all of their techniques revolve around it

But unlike in my world where we used Grimoires to use our spells, there exists no Grimoires in this place and neither are the magic attributes diverse unlike in Clover Kingdom. Instead there are four basic elements i.e. Fire, Water, Earth and Wind and there are seven additional elements and mastering them makes you known as Deviants. 

Those seven elements are Ice, Lightning, Gravity, Metal, Magma, Plant and Sound. 

As I mentioned before there doesn't exist much diversity in the elements but this also comes with a plus point. Unlike in my world where a mage could only master one attribute, in this world a mage can master any number of attributes he or she wants. 

But that is lot more hard to accomplish.

You are curious about how me, a mere one month old is able to learn so many facts right?

Well after finally accomplishing the baby crawl, I practiced it for a few more months. Imagine practicing baby crawl and it proved even harder than learning swordsmanship in my previous life. Plus for me it wasn't an easy task with all those maids and servants roaming around me almost every minute of the day if my mother and father are not around.

Why you ask? 

Because unfortunately I was born to the Eralith Family, the Family that rules over the elf tribe in the continent of Dicathen. Yeah, Elven Royalty to be exact. It was something I came to learn right after a few weeks of being born when mother sometimes used to take me to the court proceedings along with father. This had to be done given I was the type to not to be cooped up in my room all day. I would cry bloody murder to get people's attention. 

I am a child so I have the right to behave like one. 

'Now I understand why Lumiere and Tetia sneaked out of their palace more often.'

They say you understand the pain and sufferings of others once you step on their shoes, and I am a living example of it. I swear Lumiere is having a good laugh at my condition watching from above while Tetia is making a pitiful expression at the moment. 

Right, where was I? 

Yes! How was I able to learn about the basics of mana and magic.

With my newly practiced skill of baby crawl, I managed to sneak out into the royal library where the lower shelves were accessible for me. The language wasn't much difficult to read despite being it a completely different world for me. I could easily read those books. This even helped me learn the geography of the continent.

The continent of Dicathen was once inhabited mainly by magical beasts and people lived in fear of them. But after learning how to utilize mana, the residents of Dicathen consisting of Humans, Elves and Dwarves were able to drive the magical beasts into the large territory of Beast Glades where they now reside once the mages proved their supremacy over them.