25. Not the only One

(A/N - I don't know what I ate that day or what was going in my head but last chapter was a terrible mistake. I know my forte isn't 1st POV, but trying to write TBATE works in 3rd POV is akin to telling me to update daily or following a schedule. This simply means we are back to 1st POV for this very particular book. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.)

(Re-reading the last chapter made me feel like I was drunk while writing lmao)

____________________________________________

Agrona Vritra's POV

Ever since my banishment to the continent of Alacrya on some false made-up charges of being intimate with a lesser, I made it a goal to flip the tables on all the Asuras in Epheotus and more than that, I wished to bring the high and mighty Indrath Clan to their knees.

The sole reason for my banishment was that I knew a secret about the Indrath Clan which even made the leader of the clan take actions against me. Having knowledge of that secret would mean that I was a thorn on his way that needs to be removed. Excommunicating was the best way to remove someone on your way without even getting one's hands dirty. Also having the majority of other Asura clans on his side played in his favor.

If you don't have power, you value up to nothing.

Since then I begin plotting numerous plans to gather and harness power. Enough power to make the high and mighty Kezees Indrath tremble.

The first step was to raise a powerful army. The lesser species always held a fascination in my mind. Despite their limited lifespans, they were sometimes capable of being more intelligent and versatile than the Asuras and the now-exterminated Ancient Mages were a proof of that. Taking over the continent as their High Sovereign, I began experimenting on the humans with Vritra blood and tried whether the humans could manifest and utilize Vritra Arts or not. Under my rule, I also worked on improving technology of the continent, solely for the sake of my own plans.

There were some initial failures like it happens in every experiment but slowly success could be seen little by little. Those that manifested their Vritra abilities and were able to use them were called Vritra-blooded humans. Alacryans had a unique magic system of their own and it was well-advanced despite having an unequal ratio when it comes to awakening.

Then at some point, we discovered the existence of Relictombs, a dungeon though not a dungeon in the proper sense of the word but more of a completely different space, constructed and left behind by the Ancient Mages.

If it is something left behind by the Ancient Mages, then it must contain some relics which they did not want to get in the hands of the Indrath Clan that had wiped them out. Hiding them in a completely different space where we Asuras are unable to enter would be the best course of action.

A group of humans called the Ascenders were assigned to clearing the Reictombs and that is how I discovered the existence of another edict of Aether called Fate.

Fate was a truly mysterious force that guided all life and existence. The omnipotent power it wielded was beyond anyone's control and it can only be influenced by some margin but never controlled.

Perhaps the knowledge of Fate was another of the many reasons why the Indrath Clan who were the sole users of Aether among the Asuras and boasted of being capable to use it, went on and exterminated all the Ancient Mages who had better mastery of Aether than those lizards.

Having got the knowledge of Fate, I learned that there were different worlds other than our own and by using Aether and with my understanding of the Fate edict, it was possible to reincarnate warriors from those worlds. Warriors who had died in their worlds but their souls are yet to depart for the afterlife.