10. Rank Examination

(Licht) Ailwyn's POV

From the small interaction I had with the Twin Horns party, I am actually finding them rather likeable and somewhat simple-minded to an extent, mostly referring to the redhead named Adam and Reynolds himself. Helen seemed to give off the vibe of being the mature person of the bunch and it actually seemed that way given her mannerisms and how she talked. 

Durden despite his intimidating appearance and height is the most chill person of the group and Angela? She is the big sister of everyone in Twin Horns and an airhead by behavior. 

All in all they didn't seem like the people who would make use of me if they come to know who I really am, for their own personal gains unlike the kind that my family mentioned to me almost every day before I left Zestier. Still for the time being I decided to keep my identity hidden.

"You said there is another member who will be joining." I asked Helen once I took a seat beside Adam who just like Reynolds casually put an arm around my shoulder. "Where are--"

"Look in the arena kid. There she is about to be complete with her match." Before I could complete my question, Adam pointed my head towards the arena.

My jade-colored eyes hidden by the mask fell on the soon-to-be Adventurer who faced against the examiner. The examiner seemed to be a Conjurer as he used a magic staff to cast his spells while his opponent used twin daggers as her main weapons, giving off that she is an Augmenter.

The girl appeared to be of ten or eleven with long, straight black hair tied in a half-up with a dark green ribbon. Her black bangs fell across her forehead while her ruby-red eyes were focused on the battle at hand. With her swift movements she quickly closed the distance between herself and her opponent, despite the examiners numerous attempts to maintain the distance.

Having closed the distance with her swift speed, she ended the match by pointing the tip of one of her daggers right under the examiner's neck while the other dagger was pointed right at the hand of the examiner with which he held his staff.

"Jasmine Flamesworth, age 10, Light Red stage." One of the Guild workers who was checking the papers of the submitted Adventurers spoke up. "You control with the daggers was splendid and utilizing your speed to close the distance between yourself and your opponent is indeed praiseworthy. With skills as these, you are definitely C-Class!"

Jasmine let down her daggers, quietly putting them back in the two thin brown belts at the back of her waist. She made her way to the seats where we all sat.

"As expected of someone from the Flamesworth house." I heard one of the spectators muttering and noticed how stiff Jasmine suddenly went. The rest of the Twin Horns seemed oblivious to it.

But I had heard about the Flamesworth House before. In one of the history books kept in the library of our palace, I had read that in the war the Flamesworth who specialize in honing the best Fire-Mages in the Kingdom of Sapin dealt a lot of damage to us Elves. 

"Great job Jasmine!" Helen praised once she sat beside the archer. "Getting a C-rank at ten is impressive!"

"We are so having a party for this!" Reynolds said with a thumbs up.

"Don't forget to invite your future wife for the party Rey." Adam gave a light jab to their party leader.

"But remember no drinking." Helen's aura suddenly changed and I made a mental note to not get on her bad side. "We have two minors with us."

"Yes mam!" Both Adam and Reynolds chorused, like two obedient children.

Upon hearing the word two minors did Jasmine finally paid attention to me and my presence was finally acknowledged by her. She stared at me with her stoic gaze that suddenly made me feel nervous in her presence. It felt as if she was trying to see who or what was I behind my mask. My social awkwardness which I never knew whether it existed or not, took upon and all I managed at that point of time was a simple wave of hand.