9. A Tempting Offer

Mr. Leywin's POV

Damn that masked wannabe adventurer! Couldn't he find a better time to interrupt? And why are the other receptionists suddenly busy other than Alice? Yeah, I am somewhat annoyed at being interrupted the very moment I was about to ask her out for another date. 

This is the cause of my irritation. 

I leaned by the side watching as Alice dealt with the masked adventurer who gave out his name as Ailwyn and wishing to become an Adventurer. He would be now taken to the testing room where his mana core stage will be tested and he will be given a rank accordingly. Given that I was bored, I decided to take a sneak-peek on his mana core.

I tried and instead of results a severe headache invaded my head. Clutching my head I glanced at the masked man or I could say masked teen since given his height I can say he is in his early teens. Must have awakened early via those elixirs and magic items the nobles have. 

He must be from some high ranking noble family and doesn't want his identity to be revealed outside, thus the reason of wearing a mask. But what shocked me that he was giving me a sideways glance and I knew right away that he had caught me red-handed trying to sense his mana core. 

A headache while trying to sense other person's core occurs when their core stage is higher than yours. If the other person's stage is higher, you are unable to sense their core stage and instead a throbbing headache invades your head. If their stage is lower or similar to that of yours, then it is pretty easy to sense their stage.

'This brat's mana core stage must be higher than our current members.' I deeply thought. 

My current team's power level isn't much when it comes to Augmenters. We have Angela and Durden who are elemental Conjurers while Helen is an Archer so range isn't a problem for her. If distance is taken into consideration. I am a melee fighter specializing in using mana gauntlets and there's Adam who uses a spear. 

Today we are getting a new member who uses daggers and currently she is with Helen who sponsored her for a rank examination. 

So adding another to the camp wouldn't hurt at all. Plus I have been thinking of retiring in the next to years and ask Alice out for marriage. We have been dating ever since I started leading my party and I wanted to take our relationship to the next step. I want to start a family and I don't think it is possible while adventuring. There is always a constant threat of one losing their lives in the Dungeons as dungeons are anything but safe.

You may never know when you run into an unwanted danger lurking right around the corner.

I don't want a repeat of that incident again. Which is why Helen will be taking over me as a leader and I wanted to leave a few more capable members behind to keep the team going on even without me. I know Helen is a capable leader and much mature than the others. 

I know what I needed to do. I have to get this brat on my side and also sponsor him for a rank examination. I need to see his skills too.

______________________________________

(Licht's) Ailwyn's POV

I really felt sorry for interrupting their moment but I wanted to get done with my Adventurer's License rather quickly. I am impatient at the moment but that is mostly due to the excitement of what is to come in the near future when I officially begin adventuring.

And before that I will have to find a party and join them. That was one of the conditions of my mother if I were to go adventuring. There is safety in numbers. Not like she trusted humans but what she trusted even less than her trust in humans is that I would be getting myself in danger while being reckless in the dungeon.