𝟣𝟨

"Why am I even out?"

You thought to yourself. It was July 4th, and also a month or so before your Senior year. But back to July 4th— you don't even celebrate Independence Day like that! Yet here you were downtown, on the roof, watching some fireworks.

It wasn't even a good roof to look from: a building was blocking your view.

You got up from the little ledge you were on and headed back to the door, to go downstairs and find another roof to watch from. Though, you grumbled and made a fuss the whole way down. Then boom, you bumped face first into someone.

You lightly held your nose before stepping back a little to spew your apologies. "Oh my goodness I am so sor... ry. No." Everything, right then and there, made you angry. Now you was really questioning why you were out.

"This is the best night of my life." Rengoku whispered with the biggest smile on his face. You groaned and rolled your eyes as you brushed past him. He watched you walk away from him, and not only did this evoke some type of longing but also a sense of desire to not let you leave.

And just like that he had thoughtlessly grabbed your wrist. "Yo! The fuck are you on?" You hissed as you snatched your wrist from his grip. He threw his hands up and began sputtering his apologies. You kissed your teeth and turned around to leave again...

"Wait!" He exclaimed which made you stop and audibly sigh.

"What?" You turned slightly to him and scowled back to him.

He hummed and put his hands by his sides, turning his head and smiling nervously. "I uh— you erm—" he stammered and went to thread his fingers through his hair in the back, looking away in mild embarrassment. You crossed your arms and silently ushered him to go on. Looking back over to you and seeing your mixed signals you were sending through body language. He took that shot in the dark anyways.

"It's nice to see you." He finally conjured something up, but saying it as softly and generous as possible.

You pushed your lips to the side and slightly bit your bottom lip, "ditto." You replied sarcastically, just as you rested your hands back down and turned around to head out the door. He was getting a tad bit irritated with you keep turning from him. But whose to say you weren't either; since, you know he grabbed ahold of your wrist again. "Grab me one more time and I'll shove a firecracker down to throat, hun." You threatened emptily.

He let you go and covered his mouth to shield his smile. Well because, you know, you called him hun. You raised an eyebrow at his stifled snickers which made him clear his throat, "So, did you come here to watch the fireworks?" He asked rhetorically. You cocked your head to the side and shook your head.