𝟤𝟧

"So—

"So—

—am I sharing you or no?"

"No ma'am, I'm all yours."

You picked at your specialty cheesecake with your fork, very skeptical of his words at the moment since he could be hiding anything just like the little situation at Christmas. He, on the other hand, was very immersed! Leaning forward over the table as he anticipated and awaited your next course of action as he watched you quietly poke and prod at the dessert. He felt like he was on an episode of Shark Tank just from the immense amount of distress he was in.

"I still don't like how you could give her the same thing you gave me. I don't know it makes me really pissy." You sighed heavily, while you mumbled lowly but still loud enough for him to hear before finally looking him in his eyes.

He gulped and rubbed his hands together underneath the table, "I understand how it makes you feel and how wrong it is: inside and out. I really did just want to finally get rid of it, and I didn't want to give you a gift that I bought with feelings for someone else. But, seeing how it has hurt you the most I'm extremely sorry! I should have pawned it." His eyes flickered from his cheesecake to your eyes multiple times as his head was hung. He was very serious but nervous about this.

The bustling sounds of the restaurant conversations from the other diners and the clattering of the busboys cleaning up other tables were all quiet in his ears, only waiting for your voice. He slowly watched you place down your fork and rest your chin on your interlocked hands.

Of course you believed him, he's not a liar and if he was, he was a damn good one!

"So where does she stand for you at this given moment?" You asked.

He sat up straight with his hands still in his lap and together, "My toxic ex. She's muted on every platform as of right now as well." He added, nervously he felt as he had to add that small bit for a reason.

You stared at him blankly before sighing once more, freaking the young man out tremendously. "Gimme your phone." You demanded as you held your hand out towards him, and compliantly as well as quickly did he fish his phone out so he could hand it to you.

"The new password is Senjuro's birth date." He said as you tried to get in with his old number combination. And just like he said it worked and you were in! Rengoku was curious as to what you needed his phone for but if it's what you asked of him then he had no other choice than to oblige.

You went directly to the phone app and found her contact at the top of the alphabetical list and clicked on it, and ceased any further action. "I don't care about who you're friends with," You said as you looked at him again, seeing that he was curious what you were up to. "But I don't like her, at all. I tried to be in the least cordial with her and look where that got us... At a cheesecake factory with no clarity on what we are." He nodded understandingly and sorrily, he saw the patterns back in middle school and didn't think they'd carry over and still fuck with his love life.