~6~

"I'm tired of your bullshit, Malfoy, get away from me!" I scream. His ego falters but regains as he sees me getting weaker.

"I'll do anything to protect you, Raiden. You know that!" He argues.

"The only person I need protecting from is you, Malfoy! It's you! Nobody else is hurting me right now, except you. It'd be better for us both if you just- stay away," I exclaim.

"Do you really want that?" He asks.

"Yes! I do! Let me be happy, Draco. You weren't making me happy. You were making me sad," I admit.

"I'll always protect you," He mutters, kissing my forehead before leaving.

I sit where I was standing, right in front of the fireplace. I stare into the flames. The only thing keeping me from jumping in are my friends. Fred, George, Blaise, Tate, and whatever Mattheo is to me.

I lay in my back as a Third year walks up to me. A girl, preppy with dirty blonde hair. Her friends are giggling behind her.

"Aren't you friends with Mattheo Riddle?" The girl asks, smiling.

"Yeah?" I say, confused.

"Could you give him this?" She giggles, rushing away after she hands me a letter.

When they're gone, I open it.

'Dear Mattheo,
I don't know how to say this, but I think you're really cute. I've been seeing you around for about 2 months now. I'm Emma Yohan and I was wondering if you'd wanna go out sometime? Yes/No
-Emma'

Why does every fucking person fancy Theo? I groan in irritation, covering my face as I stay laying on my back.

"Hey, gorgeous," Speak of the devil.

"Some third year wanted me to give this to you," I sigh, handing him the parchment.

He reads it before chucking it into the fire. "You know," He starts, "these girls only find me attractive because I'm pretty, they don't know me,"

"Do I know you?" I ask, peeking out to look at him.

"I'd like to think you do," He shrugs, "what's my favorite color?"

"Dark red,"

"Favorite animal?"

"Dogs, specifically fluffy ones,"

"TV show?"

"Stranger things, you think it's odd, you like that,"

"My middle name,"

"Holy shit I don't even know your middle name. Merlin, I don't know you!" I exclaim.

"Yes, you do know it," He smiles.

"Oh!" I say as it pops into my head, "Tom,"

"Worst fear?"

"Being hexed, you see what it does to other people, you'd never want it to happen to you,"

"Deepest secret?"

"You're in love with me," I smirk, leaning over and pecking him on the lips.

"You know me plenty," He smirks, pecking my lips once more before standing.

"You should come to my house for Christmas," He says, grabbing onto my hand.

"With your Dad there?" I ask.

"He's not home often, and anyways, he likes your parents," he shrugs.

"Fat, ugly, slut," Malfoy comments as he walks past me.

"What happened to protecting me?" I ask, glaring at him.

"You through it into the fire, right with my will to live," He smiles sarcastically.

"Asshole," I murmur.

"You only like Riddle because he's hot and rich," Draco adds, "maybe you're hot, Raiden, but your personality is ugly,"

"Shut the fuck up, Malfoy, before I have dear old Dad, you know," Mattheo winks.

"Like I care. You steal my best friend, my girlfriend, my-" Draco rants.

"You know 'legilimens', Malfoy?" Mattheo asks, "want me to tell her what you're thinking, or should I?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Draco objects.

"Malfoy cheated on you, Rae, twice, once with Pansy and once with-"

"Don't fucking say it-" Malfoy sneers.

"Tate," Mattheo's voice breaks.